Thursday, December 23, 2004


Grease
“We go together like Ra-ma la-ma la-ma ka ding-a da ding-a dong
Remembered forever as Shoo-bop sha wad-da wad-da yip-pi-ty boom de boom
Chang chang chang-it-ty chang shoo-bop
That’s the way it should be
Wha oooh yeah!”


You’re mistaken if you think those are made-up Chinese sentences which I just happen to feel like typing. It’s actually from a song, and I’m actually singing it right now. Lol. It’s from the movie, Grease, which I just watched on DVD (orig. stop piracy Ü) this morning. For some unknown reason, as I opened my eyes at around 8:45 am, I suddenly had this urge to watch a movie. I scanned through the DVDs inside my parent’s room, and well, I ended up watching one of my favorite-est movies of all time (considering that I’ve only watched less than 20 of them in cinemas Ö pathetic, huh?).

Well, anyway, if you haven’t watched this movie yet, then you’re missing a lot. At first you may think of it as a sissy movie with all the singing and dancing and stuff (add to that the love story involved), but I tell you, you’ll love every scene of it once you hear the songs, and who knows, you just might find yourselves singing the “Dip da-dip da-dip Doo-wop da doo-bee doos” too.

Oh, and believe it or not, our class had this mini-Grease-like performance back in Grade 5. With Ms Duco and Ms Joan as our vivacious choreographers, we danced and sang to some of the songs in the movie. Anna Owe was our “Sandy” and, if I remember right, Hugh Morris was our “Danny”. I think at first our class was hesitant to do all the dancing and stuff, but after some time, I do believe that we actually had fun doing it. The girls had to wear these balloon skirts matched with tied-up blouses (I don’t know how I’m supposed to describe them, but just thing “old school” Ü), and the guys on the other hand, had to wear leather jackets with matching gelled-up (or rather, “Greased”) hairdos. I can still remember it vividly…the girls twirling around with their skirts, the guys shaking their thangs while dancing “Greased Lightning”, the audience loving our performance, and us, enjoying it as well. I actually giggle whenever those memories come crawling back into my head. It was fun being young. And being able to perform looking like that, well, that’s something that I could only do once in this lifetime. And that experience would have to be something that’s going to stay stuck in my memories forever.

Some songs from Grease:
Summer Nights
“ Summer lovin’ Had me a blast
Summer lovin’ Happened so fast
I met a girl crazy for me
Met a boy cute as can be
Summer days drifting away
To uh-oh those summer nights”

Hopelessly Devoted To You
“Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I’m not the first to know, there’s just no getting over you

You know I’m just a fool who’s willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby can’t you see
There’s nothing else for me to do
I’m hopelessly devoted to you”

You love Grease too? Remember our Grease performance? Wanna borrow the DVD? Lol. Post a comment.Ü

- n|x - was loved at 1:17 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]