Thursday, December 23, 2004


I believe...
2 days to go before Christmas!
Time really does zoom (not fly) by fast, doesn’t it? Parang kelan lang nung excited pa ako silipin yung Christmas sock (not stockings) that my Mom used to hang by our door. Since we don’t have a fireplace, the front door would have to do. And whenever I crossed out the number 24 on the 12th month in my calendar, I’d rush to the green and red sock and check out what Santa gave me.
I can’t remember if I really believed in Santa. Nagtataka lang ako dati kung bakit “Ho ho ho!” yung pagtawa nya, but that’s besides the point. I just eventually found out that it was just my Dad who filled the sock with candies and money and a whole bunch of other stuff every year. My Dad’s equally err..fat and all (hehe, sorry Daddy), but I guess I’d rather have him as my Santa than have some Irish (is Santa Irish? Lol) fat, white-haired, bearded guy in a red fuzzy coat matched with red pants and boots. I have nothing against Santa Clause; in fact, I do love the idea of giving away presents to little boys and girls. Whether they are “naughty” or “nice”, I’m sure old Santa will give them gifts anyways.
A lot of things have changed, and yes, I am much older now. I’ll even be turning 17 three months now (tanda ko na!) My Christmas may not include a sock filled with candies anymore. I also don’t look up at the sky any longer and wonder if flying reindeers would happen to pass by the pollution-filled skies of Manila. But though my whole concept of this merry season has changed, the main idea of this time of year is still etched in my young heart. Santa = God = Christmas = Jesus = Love. And that’s all my mature-slash-often-childlike mind needs to know.

I believe…

I believe in happy endings, but not in happily ever afters.
I believe that Christmas is Jesus’ day.
I believe that aliens exist, but I’d rather not ask how.
I believe that loving isn’t the same without having to get hurt and learn from the fall beforehand.
I used to believe in Santa Clause, but I never believed that he used a small sled to carry all the gifts he had to give.
I believe that sleeping for 1/3 of your life is crazy, but your body needs it, so you’ve got no other choice.
I believe in miracles, but not in magic.
I believe love can be magic, but magic can sometimes just be an illusion.
I believe that everything happens for a reason – even the formation of those unwanted zits.
I believe in “love is lovelier the second time around”, but not in “love at first sight”.
I believe that reality is the best fantasy of all.
I believe that there still are “knights in shining armors”, but they come in jeans and luxury cars nowadays.
I believe in eternity, but cannot quite grasp how something can be a “nothingness”.
I believe that anyone can change their bad ways coz no one was born evil.
I believe that our country can still stand up from the rut it is currently in.
I believe that we’re all meant to be great.
I believe in the power of dreams.
I believe that we’re all psychic in our own ways.
I believe in reincarnation.
I believe in destiny, but not in soulmates. (I think)
I believe that a beautiful person is beautiful inside and out.
I believe that smoking is bad for your health.
I believe that you don’t have to be Britney Spears to shine like a star.
I believe that the moon is prettier when you stare at it for more than a minute. (Try it!)
I believe that it’s okay to be “not sexy”.
I believe that wishes can come true.
I believe that whoever thought of coming up with the Internet, is one genius of a man.
I believe I am beautiful…we all are.
I believe that texting is a good exercise for the thumb.
I believe in change.
I believe that someone out there loves you more than you’ll ever know.

To be continued..:D

Oh, and I also believe that someone’s about to click that “Post a comment” link right about…now. :p

- n|x - was loved at 8:22 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]