Monday, December 27, 2004


my kreesmas.
When the hands of the clock both pointed up towards the number 12, that was the only time it really hit me. “Oh, Christmas na pala..” I blurted out as I grabbed a plate of blueberry cheesecake (1 maliit na slice lang kinain ko, but believe me, it was very very tempting, hehe). We arrived at my tita’s house at around 2 to 3 o clock I think. We even got to visit this “talipapa” (I asked my Tita what “talipapa” means and she said na parang maliit na palengke daw) in one of the barrios in Batangas where they sell pork and other stuff at cheaper prices. Nagulat nga ako nung may nakita akong lalaki na may kargang isang buong baboy na open yung buong katawan! It was a very interesting sight actually. I wasn’t exactly grossed out (okay, so maybe I was just a little sickening at first..), naaliw pa nga ako eh. The “talipapa” was cleaner than the other palengkes I know, and the scene wasn’t new to me, but to see a whole pig (whole meaning the outer parts of the pig were still complete but the insides were already taken out) being carried like a backpack by a shirtless mama (let’s see if you pronounced that right)? There really is a first time for everything. 

Anyway, my Christmas wasn’t all about pigs and “talipapas”. It was also filled with gifts (though I did receive less gifts this year, crisis eh), food, kids, carols, trips, texts, songs, etc. Di nga lang kasing saya like before, coz when I was a kid, I really REALLY enjoyed Christmas. As early as November, the thought of receving aguinaldos from ninongs and ninangs made me smile then. But now, something’s just really different. Maybe it’s because of all the tragedies we all had to face. The aftermath that the typhoons brought about was just unthinkable. Whenever I watch the evening news and see all those homeless, sick, and suffering people, I just get all irritated. Not because I’m irritated at them (cause that would be heartless), but because it just makes you realize how unfair and fair life can be at the same time. Unfair, coz why do all these people have to suffer? Why them? Why now? I don’t mean to question God or fate or life, but why? Fair, because I guess that’s how God planned things to be. We may never know why exactly all these happened. Or actually, we do kind of know. We aren’t blind and we are aware of the unlawful doings of other people. That’s why it’s fair…and unfair at the same time. Those innocent people suffering now, paid for the very high price that other sinful people owed and caused.

Okay, I didn’t make sense, did I? Sorry, tinatamad na ako actually mag-edit at mag-isip, so never mind all the stuff I blabbed about. I’m sure some of you feel the same way anyway.

Back to my Christmas (and I’ll make this as short as possible)
We all attended the 10 o’clock mass on Christmas eve. It was funny actually, coz we arrived late (madami kasi kami, tapos madami pang kids, so nagkagulo pa muna bago pa kami nakaalis ng bahay, hehe) and a lot of things happened inside the Church. Una, di pa kami sama-sama nakaupo sa pews kasi my other titos and titas arrived a few minutes ahead of us, so I had to text my other cousins and ask them where they were seated. After that, we had to go up to the “second floor” of the Church and we all met there. But then, we all couldn’t sit on the same pews coz other people were already there, so we had to sit wherever there was free “pwet-space” (that’s what my little cousin call it, hehe). And then, di pa ako maka-concentrate dun sa Mass kasi super init dun sa “second floor”. The windows were opened, the wind was blowing, and ambience outside was really Christmas-y, and it was actually cold outside. But inside the Church, for the reason that it was filled with people, the heat was just disturbing (sentence structure check please, lol, nvm). Tapos natatawa pa ako during the mass coz my little cousin (cute and chubby), was snoring! He was actually snoring while the mass was going on! Haha! Nakasandal siya sa Mom nya tapos her sister even whispered to me, “Hay nako, naglalaway pa ata…” Lol. So whenever I look back to check on my cousins, I couldn’t help but laugh coz I see my cousin sleeping soundly AND snoring. Hehe…

Anyway, enough of that.
So when it was actually December 25 already, I got to send and receive a lot of messages to a lot of people. You know, the usual “Merry Christmas! God Bless!” blah blah messages we all receive. Then we all got to eat and a few minutes after, we got to open our presents. Our Titos and Titas distributed our gifts to everyone tapos matatawa ka na lang sa mga reactions ng mga pinsan ko. I heard some amusing comments like “Ngek! Eto na naman!”, “Oh no, I hate pigs”, “I don’t want this! I want his wrestler!!!”, “Waaah! There’s only P50 in this wallet!!”, “Shirt na naman?”, “Cool! Ang bago nung P100 oh!”. And a whole lot more. Nakaupo lang ako sa may stairs malapit sa Christmas tree the whole time watching people laugh while opening their presents. I was just savoring the scenario of that night. This Christmas wasn’t exceptionally great, but for me, something made it somewhat special. This season something new entered my life but I wont spill all my thoughts here of course. :P But yun lang. Masaya pa rin. And I hope everyone got to fatten their hearts (not their tummies) with memories of joy also. I guess my Christmas wasn’t so bad after all. :D

- n|x - was loved at 6:42 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]