Friday, February 25, 2005



Congratutulations to Maica Francisco for being appointed as the new SJB Head!
Congrats to all the new SJB Core Members as well!
Sam Nierras
Carl Mamawal
Lorenzo Piccio
Jan Arcinue
Anna Oposa
=D

Congratulations to Aldous din, the council’s new Media Consultant! Hehe =D

And congrats to Celine Domingo for being her batchs secretary!
Im so proud of you Ces!! Miss ya! =P

***
We had our outreach the other day, and it was surely an eye-opener.
We went to Malaban, Binan Laguna and visited the fisherfolks there.
Our foster parent was Tatay Inyong.
Jana and I were surprised when he told us that he was already 73 years old, when in fact, he looked like he was only 50something –no bolas involved, lol-
Not only that, but he seemed to still have the strength of a middle-aged man. Thats probably why until now, he still manages to go through life as a simple fisherman.
If I remember right, when my partner and I asked him how many children he had, he answered something like:

Ay marami! Di ko na nga mabilang eh!

His apos were everywhere too, and it didnt come as a surprise to us that these people opted to disregard family planning.
How can a fisherman, who earns an average of, what? P200 a day? afford to support a family of 5? 6? 7? How about 13?
How can you have a dozen children? My goodness. Lol.
When Danni asked if theyve ever thought of family planning, they answered with a giggle, something like:

Kung ikaw ay maiwang walang magawa, di mo maiiwasan ang mga bagay na ganyan.

Is that an excuse?
Wala kang magawa, kaya gagawa ka na lang ng bata? Lol.
Haay.
Mga pinoy talaga.

But kidding aside, the community of fishermen in Malaban needs help.
The whole fishing industry of Laguna lake does.
If only someone out there would take the first step to help these people, then maybe, just maybe, things would change.

Jana and I also went to the palengke pala with Nanay Julie. Rofl.
As we were riding the tricycle, we took down some interesting notes:
Wala lang. Lol.

Rhobielynn’s place
Roi and Ejay
Aqua Alon
Pizza Hauz (with the logo of pizza hut)


***

I stayed after school yesterday and the day before that.
I applied for SJB core member, together with other 30 applicants, so its understandable that I didnt get the job. Lol.
I really didnt expect to be accepted anyway, coz with contenders like the people who actually got accepted, my chances were 1 in a..err, 30? Lol.

Anyway, I also watched the concerts held in the CPA.
It made me want to play the piano again.
I used to loooooooooooooove the piano. But as time passed, the piano seemed to have lost its lust, if you know what I mean. Rofl.
I plan to play again this summer though. If Im bored enough,
Ill probably be able to press the keys again, and hopefully, regain my love for it.
Ive been wanting to learn how to play the guitar too. My dad knows how to, so maybe,
Ill use that as an excuse to let him into my life. Were not exactly CLOSE close, but that doesnt mean I love him less. Its funny actually, coz I only get to talk to him in the car, whenever he picks me up from school.
And that isnt an exaggeration.
We dont talk here at home.
If ever we do, it would just be casual conversations with the whole family.
But as I said, that doesnt mean were in a hopeless relationship.
Just a weird yet happy one.

***
I watched the GAP tryouts yesterday.
Daming magaling! Go Anna! lol.
The evaluation was scaaaaaary coz the girls had to dance to 1 cheer and to a song onstage with the whole of the PEP & GAP watching them.
My friends in GAP have been asking me, and everyone else for that matter, to try-out.
Others have been urging me to try it out as well, and I actually considered it for a while coz the thought of not having to attend our regular PE classes was very tempting, but I guess being a Gapper isnt my thing.
Not that I have anything against cheerdancers, coz I have a lot of friends who are Gappers, and I myself have been a cheerdancer of our batch.
These girls are in fact very talented. Theres no doubt about that.
Its just that, when I dont feel the drive to do something, I dont go for it.
I love dancing.
Its one thing that Im passionate about.
Aside from the fact that I lose weight everytime I dance, lol, it has been something that I can be proud of in a way.
But I don’t think being in GAP is what I want.
I still have next years cheering competition in my list, and if I were given the chance to still dance for my batch, then Id channel my passion for dancing there instead.

***
Heres a shoutout to: Dward and Jana again! Lol.
Oh, let me rephrase that.
Hi to Dward!
Hi to Macky and Jana! :x


- n|x - was loved at 12:23 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]