Sunday, February 20, 2005


Wake-up Call
This morning, I stood looking at my face in the mirror, staring at myself in amazement.
I look weirder.
It could have been because I just woke up.
It could have been because my hair was a total mess.
It could have been because I slept late the night before.
It could have been all that. . .
But at the back of my mind, I was thinking it was because of something else.

That face in the mirror didnt use to look like that before.
My eyes used to be less, uh, chinita ish?
My nose used to be. . . well, it still is undesirable.
My mouth seems to look fuller now, probably because my teeth looks much more decent now.
I looked pretty. . .human.
Or so I thought.
Something was missing though.

After a few seconds of staring at my faded face,
I let out a yawn.
Eek.
Ang panget mo lalo.
Then I turned away from the mirror.

Hours passed, and after taking a bath, I decided to wear this blue and pink top of mine which had the words SWEET GIRL at the front.
I look slim in this shirt.
Goodie.

It was still early.
The clock read 6.45.
I had 45 minutes more till we go to Church.

I went to my brothers room.
They were playing NBA LIVE 2005.
I grabbed a controller and played with them.

Ate naman eh!
Kami muna!


I laughed.

The laugh made me feel better.

I realized that I hadnt laughed the whole day.

I then faced the mirror inside the very same room.
I just put some lip balm on, and felt that I looked presentable enough.
But I still felt unpretty.

I noticed my brother staring at me from behind.
I looked at him and he laughed.

Bakit ka tumatawa dyan? I said, in an ate.like voice.

He then looked at me with those cute eyes and said
Mag smile ka nga ate!

I paused.

I turned around to face the mirror.
I stared at my face. . .
and
smiled.

Hey, I look a whole lot better.

I then heard my brother giggle from behind.
See.
Ate, maganda ka na ulit!


Wow.
Not thats what I call love.

He made me feel all the more beautiful. =)


- n|x - was loved at 8:45 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]