Monday, February 14, 2005


V-Day

February 14. Omigahd. Its Valentines Day. =O

I know some people expect me to gush about all those mushy and cheesy stuff. That 4letterword is everywhere, I know, and NO, you wont hear it from me too. Hehe.

I guess my friends have rubbed off some sense into me. Im not the old Über senti girl most people used to THINK they know. My closest friends are cynics; they squirm and react violently once the romance department takes action. Theyre not exactly anti. . .uh, that 4letterword, but theyre not exactly hopeless romantics either. I used to be like the latter, but I regret having been one. Lol. See. I seemed to have succumbed to peer pressure. I am partly cynical now.

Or rather. . .
I really am just a realist, I guess. ;)

Anyway, heres the continuation of my prom experience. . .


I was surprised.

We passed by Intercon before going back to Dusit. We dropped off Mik in her room –which I think she struggled with the whole night =O- and we visited the guyS room as well. Their rooms were sooooo small! Poor guys. =o

WE, on the other hand, were lucky with the room that we got. Very lucky. Thanks to Lorenzo and Marge. ;) hehe.

And yea, I never thought we could actually let guys in our hotel room. Lol. Hold on. Remove that hint of GREEN in your minds. Rofl. We already had guys in our suite –nax, suite pa. . .hehe- in the first place, but having let 2 more in? Thats another first for me.

We decided to wait for the sun to rise. It was already around 5 am I think and we just sort of tried to fight the very tempting call of the oh.so.comfy.bed. If those 2 guys werent in our room, we woulve probably traveled to dreamland during that hour, but NOOO, they had to keep us up by relentlessly making kulit. Hehe. Dont get me wrong though. We had lots of fun having them there. They were even our slaves for a while. Coz even though the sun was nowhere to be seen yet, they mustered enough energy to walk to this nearby gas station to buy us hot chocolate –Ovaltine. . .harhar- and some chips and cookies.

So anyway, we saw the sky light up after a few hours. Unfortunately for us, our hotel room was facing the west –I think- so we didnt really get to see the sun say hello. But nonetheless, that was something we all witnessed together, and that made it a not.so.typical.sunrise.

We, -the girls in the room- thought that that was the end of it. The guys left and we finally got to shut our eyes. Finally.
Those few minutes of peace and quiet was heavenly. . .
But it was cut short.
Lol.

I was just suddenly taken aback when they re-entered the room and he greeted me. . . with, uh, them at hand. He gave them to me and I didnt know how to react. It must have been because of the great lack of sleep, hehe, but despite that, I greatly appreciated it. I really did.

So anyway, lets fast forward the events a few hours later. Hehe.

We took turns showering in the bathroom and we all got dressed up. We fixed our things and got ready to eat breakfast. Since Lorenzo and Marge already had their free buffet breakfast –kakainggit, lol- we decided to go back to Glorietta to eat. The 2 guys decided to come with us yet again, hehe, but our supposedly trip.to.the.mall.for.breakfast was cut short coz we had to go. Awie and Jeanne had to ride with me so we rushed back to the hotel after having bought a small bag of mini donuts. Hehe.

My mom asked me where they came from. I dont remember what I answered though. Lol. It was a good thing Jeanne and Awie had them too, so I didnt worry about it too much. .. . though I think they knew where they came from. =O

FF>>>
We dropped off Awie and Jeanne at Mt. McDo, and we bade our goodbyes.
That was the only time it finally hit me. THE PROM IS OVER. That was it.
And with that thought came a smile on my face.
=)

My parents had to pass by Pricemart after that, and I knew I looked pretty stupid while pushing the cart like a sleepless adolescent. . .coz that was exactly what I was.
I saw all the flowers and Valentine goodies inside.
That made me smile. Again. For no good reason. Hehe.

FF>>>
We finally got home.
Finally.
And when I entered the door, I got another surprise.

Niño: Ate, may nagpadala ng –uh, them- sayo!
Me: Huh?
Niño: Ayun oh! –Points to the top of the piano-
Me: -with eyes barely open- . . . OMIGAHD.

OMIGAHD.
That was all I could say.
Though my eyes were closing in on me, they still managed to pop out of their sockets when I saw them.
Wow.
Another thing to be thankful for.
Really.

But somehow, though I probably received those things most girls wanted, something bothered me. I need not say what it was about, coz in fact, I have no idea either.
Or maybe I do.
Even my friends do.
And even they are confused by it.
But I guess Id rather leave that behind my mind.
My being martyr is striking back.
Sacrifice my own happiness for someone elses.
For everyone elses.
Haay.

But I have no worries.
Coz Im definitely happy.
HAPPIER.

All I know right now is that I have a lot to be thankful for.
Heck, Ive got a whole lot.
And I really am thankful. =)

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

If you know I love you, then good.
If you dont. . .well, now you do. =P
And thank you for loving me for me.
Thank yo for being part of my life. =)


- n|x - was loved at 8:03 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]