Sunday, December 03, 2006


Dreaming of Adieu

The garden was filled with tall shoots of grass growing with the rhythm of my every step. Clotheslines blocked my view of what lay ahead, but it wasn’t too long before I realized whose suspended body it was, peacefully sleeping, right before me. I maneuvered through the bare lot to come closer and reached for the white tainted chemise that hung above him. My vision zoomed into his very face and from impulse, I carefully uttered, “Goodbye Lolo.”

A breath of sigh echoed through the background along with the resonance of leaves dancing to the blowing wind. As was I getting ready to leave, I felt a magnetizing desire to look back - to just wait and see if he would respond. A nervy desire, yes, but it was a longing I was willing to give into.

Following my immediate line of sight, I circled the empty garden and receded from the path I planned on taking. I gazed at the very familiar face with a contour beautiful just like my own. It was then that his eyes started to open. Slowly and intimately, they opened for me, as if stripping me of all fears. It was an unguarded moment that had no touch of fright, only of hope and anticipation for a split second I had been praying for.

I have insignificant memory of his unwritten response in my head. But I remember him, with his eyes still fixed on me, bidding me, and the people we both loved, goodbye. “Goodbye Nikki” are the words still faithfully etched in my reminiscent night scene. And with that latent reverie, I trust that his sending off has been both dauntless and tranquil. And from that visit, I know that he’ll forever be just by my side, watching over me, still with that unforgettable smile.


- n|x - was loved at 9:53 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]