Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Dominique wants to save the world

Dominique

Of the lord "Latin"

Loving to take the initiative you are a person who gets things done and you accept the responsibility of leadership roles willingly no matter what the challenge. You base your decisions on intellect rather than emotion but always act with pure motives. Your strength of will and communication skills are such that you are an influential figure and likely to succeed in anything which you turn your attention to.

Nikki

Victorious people "Greek"

You are fairminded, wise and peaceloving and are always willing to help others. Your mental capabilities and creativity are well marked with wonderful and original ideas which you need to bring to tangible fruition. Perceptive and understanding of others your positive approach to life and influential nature means that you have leadership qualities. There is great potential for success both financially and spiritually.

The boy's and girl's name Dominique \d(o)-mini-que, dom(i)-nique\ is pronounced dom-ih-NEEK. It is of French and Latin origin, and its meaning is "lord". Feminine form of Dominic. Appropriate for a girl born on Sunday, "the Lord's day".


Ive always liked my French name. And I like how I dont have a second name - I mean, why confuse people with multiple names? Despite having been mistaken for a boy before (nung NEAT exam, akala nila lalaki si "Dominique Librada" - haha), I like my name just fine.

My Lolo actually named me. And its pretty ironic how I just found out now that it means "lord" because I was actually born on Resurrection Day. Uy, trivia trivia! haha!

***
Last CWTS report later! Im actually happy that we got more than enough funds to help renovate the library and future venue for Pag-aalay ng Puso Foundation's adult literacy program. Our visits to Navotas sure made me realize how many poor children are deprived of education, how many families are left with no food on the table, and how many homes are ravaged every time there's an outpour of rain. There's so much work to be done that sometimes, the thought of effecting change becomes impossible to the dispirited. And yet, despite the adversity, there still exists people who give up their worldly ambitions to help others get a hold of their own dreams.

It may have started from wanting to get a passing grade, but thanks to the efforts of our group and to the kind people of the foundation, I think we did a good job "paying it forward" :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Yep, thats me hammering all right. Now if only I could learn how to actually hold on to the hammer... (lumipad kasi yung hammer nung ako na yung nagpupukpok - masyado kasing bigay na bigay - haha!)

I'll make a BIG change in the world too someday - just wait and see. Im not a self-proclaimed Supergirl for nothing - for kids like these ones right here

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
***

I had a meeting with Ms. Caroline Burns of the Entrepreneurs School of Asia this morning, with VP Dale (to so conveniently back me up) and of course, the very mabait Kiel for support. I felt like a true AIESECer again while talking to Remy who is from India and Ms Burns whom I assume is American. Just when I thought we were screwed because of the postponed PBOX (Project Based on Exchange), we were given a last chance to redeem ourselves and bring the social entrepreneurship program back to life. This, I think, is where my not-so-secret vision for ICX will begin - lets bring back the "golden age" of the UP local chapter of the world's largest student run organization, shall we? :P (that was a mouthful, whew)

***
Today would have to be doomsday #1 for me too. I dont think I want to know how low I got in the deadly f*ckcounting exam. I just want this week to be over with so we can get on with our lives and be merry again. No more bank reconciliations, no more NAIRUS, no more statistical hypotheses - only cable tv to keep me company and some chips and chocnut to boot.

(Ah yes, not to mention sabaw friends who shall head for the amusement park in a week! Woot!)
***
Ang keso ay nakakahawa. Yun lang

- n|x - was loved at 4:08 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]