Sunday, January 22, 2006


wish ko lang
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. " - Peter 3:3-4

TV-watching has been rare for me these past few weeks - months even.
But the moment I turned the television on yesterday afternoon, I didnt think Id be hit by something so beautiful.

Meet Cring Cring and her sister.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I wasnt really able to pay much attention to the details coz I was too busy holding back my tears.
Shown on the screen were two young ladies with underdeveloped bodies.
Their arms were literally twisted and their legs were bent in a way one could never imagine.
But despite those deformities, I was struck by how they both had smiles on their faces.
For every camera shot, a smile could be seen.

They were born to very poor family. Out of the 5 children, only 2 of them were beyond normal.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Because of their condition, they have been deprived of many things that normal teenagers go through. But if there's one thing they dont lack - it would be love from their family.

When asked, "Bakit ka nakangiti?"
Cring Cring answered, "Kasi alam ko love ako ni Papa..."

***
If only everyone could look past everything they lack, and appreciate what they already have, then maybe genuine smiles emanating true happiness wont be too hard to find.

If only we could all stop judging people for their physical appearance, then maybe we'd all be reminded that a person's real worth lies far beneath the surface.
***

Cring Cring turned 18 the day they shot this episode of Wish Ko Lang on GMA.
They gave both of them lots of gifts and surprises.

Ill soon be turning 18 too.
Ive been thinking of what extra-special I can do for my debut aside from a fancy party that only I can really enjoy.
Now I know what to do. :)

- n|x - was loved at 5:12 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]