Sunday, January 08, 2006


happy. :)
ADMU

LAST NAME: Librada
FIRST NAME: Dominique
MIDDLE NAME: De Chavez
STATUS: Accepted
COURSE: AB EC-H (Eco Honors)

Ive never really imagined myself as an Atenean. Yeah, my color used to be blue (Montessori), but I guess my being green-blooded for the past 12 years has gotten to me. Once the option is laid in front of you, you just cant resist peeking into whatever it has to offer. Economics Honors was my first choice, and it took me a few minutes of worrying (with Awie during the SI retreat) and a bit of hopping and jumping before the whole thing sunk in. Marge called Chrissie up to ask if we (the other staffers) passed. I pleaded Marge not to tell me. So did Awie. The others waited patiently. I could tell from Marge's face that she wasnt about to relay bad news, but still, my heart was pounding like crazy. After the call, Margie told us the results anyway.
"You passed Eco-Honors!"

Wheeeeeeeee!

I texted my Mom right away as I was resonating personal pride and joy for my achievement. She, at first, thought I applied for Management Engineering, which is supposed to be the hardest course to take in ADMU. But I dont remember putting ME as a course, so I think there was a glint of disappointment there in her part. Just like me, she doesnt settle for mediocrity, and always aims for the highest possible attainment of/to anything. Imagine the pressure.
But anyway, I came home early today from SI since I have to finish up on some schoolwork.
My Dad picked me up and I told him I passed. The fact that after I talked, it took him 20 minutes to ask another question about Ateneo, made me sense he was proud of me. :)
I arrived home just a few minutes ago, and well, to cut the long narration short, my Mom was happy too :) And thats all I need to make up for all the nights I spent worrying.

2 down. 2 to go. :)

- n|x - was loved at 12:20 PM
[link to post] [4 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]