Saturday, February 25, 2006


She & He
*120505 - 11.37p

She had been waiting for him all her life.

He didnt even know she existed.

I woke up this morning with the sun peeking through my paneled windows. Add to that the boisterous sound of the vacuum cleaner coming from downstairs which, by now, almost seemed melodious to me. I used my fingers to comb through my hair that seemed extraordinarily dull this morning (which didnt come as a surprise to me either). I rushed to the full-length mirror positioned beside my wooden bathroom door to check if I still looked like an evolved human only to find out that another gracious zit has amazingly appeared on my forehead.

"Great. Now my entire school will behold how wonderfully flawless my face is."

I scrunched my appearance to see how detrimental the red spot on my face can appear and instantly reached for my top drawer to ready my concealer (a trick I learned from my sister).

Doing anything in public, or having to do anything that involves social mingling isnt part of my scope in life. But because of some uncanny reasons, I have been chosen to perform for our schools annual acquaintance party that night. I dont even remember how Mrs. Keens got me to say yes to her when she asked me if I could give a performance or two for the event which everyone *gulp* would be watching. I guess her tattooed eyebrows got me (not to mention her thick specs which seemed more solid than any other kind of glass Ive seen). I tried to back out a few days earlier, but then, the "old hag" (thats what the boys in my class call her) started giving me an extensive lecture about "making commitments" and "breaking promises" so instead of bearing with her spit balls and nauseating eyeglasses, I opted to just go on with the plan, which I now deeply regret.

I had cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for breakfast (my favorite). My mom then kissed me as I headed out the door and handed me the worn out paper bag I always use to pack my lunch. I rushed to the big old yellow bus that seemed all too familiar to me already. The bland paint of the old means of transportation is only evidence that its been here for quite a while now. Ive been riding the very same bus since pre-school and 12 years after, here I still am, sitting at the back of the bus while the other adolescents, whom Ive come to accept as acquaintances, made noise and did all sorts of things adults wouldnt even dare imagine. Soon after, as I was reaching for my lip balm inside my back pack, a masculine hand was signaling me to move aside. For a while there, I thought some senior managed to make his way to the back of the bus. But when the hand went straight for my right ear and fleetingly tickled me, it was only then I realized that it was Brian, my best friend of 8 years. I gave out an awkward laugh and told him to stop it before I gave out an embarrassing snort. Who else could the hand belong to? Aside from me, hes the only one who can tolerate the bumps and thumps at the back of the bus. And besides, hes the only person who knows of my weakness, my ticklish ears.

"I didnt notice you get in."

"Im a very sneaky guy!" he replied, while winking at me.

"Oh, and Bry, your hand seems…manlier today," I said, as I smeared some pink lip balm onto my lips.

He stared at me for a while, and then replied, "Manlier? Did I ever seem girly to you before today, honey?"

He gave out an annoying giggle and I retaliated by giving him a hostile sneer.
He paused and continued to gaze at me.

"Geez. Cant you take some early-morning teasing?"

Still, the hostile sneer hanged about. "Youre such a jerk, Brian Chase Gomez!"

"Oh my, She just stated my whole name. This must be bad…"

Without warning, he then used his manly right hand to grab my right hand, which was contained by the pocket of my bag where I had put my lip balm back. I was then surprised when he partially knelt on the lackluster matting of the bus and started singing Toni Braxton’s song which we had both been singing while teasing each other just the other night.

"How could an angel break my heaaart? Why didn’t he catch my falling staaaar? I wish I didn’t wish so haaard. Maybe I wished our love apaaart. How could an angee-"

Before he could even blurt out another uncompromising high note, I put my hands over his mouth to save both of us from further embarrassment.
The juvenile girls in front of us were chuckling…and so were the used-to-be sober senior guys who were giving us the stare.

"What the heck are you doing?!" I shouted at him, as I tried to put my integrity back in place.

"Im trying to make you laugh! And, um…I guess Im trying to say sorry for being the world-class jerk youve had to bear with everyday for the past…7 years of your life."

I then saw how the people in front of the bus returned to what they were doing, and I was relieved for a while.

"Eight." I blurted out.

"Eight? Eight years? Has it been that long? Wow. So…you must really love me now, huh?" he said, while flashing a flirty smile, which I must admit, was quite cute.

I couldnt help but laugh at his antics, and so I just pulled him back to his seat said, "Dream on, bozo. If I knew any better, Id say youre that one whos head over heels in love with me already." I laughed even more.

But he didnt.
He just stared at me in awe.
We were then experiencing a temporary halt, when…
"Youre in love, arent you?"

- n|x - was loved at 10:41 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]