Tuesday, April 18, 2006


insomnia strikes
*Prologue*

My stay in Batangas for 4 days was the best-est. It gave a whole new meaning to the word "family" for me. Never in my entire life did I appreciate my own blood that much before. I guess it was in that aspect that I got to fill up my spirituality gauge.

I took lots of pictures during the first two days, but because my Mom confiscated my digicam on Saturday morning (long story) I have yet to post them here.

We went on Visita Iglesia on Holy Thursday. Last year, we started to visit churches late in the afternoon so we werent able to go far. But this year, we decided we wanted to reach the old and big basilicas in Taal, Cuenca, etc. and so that was exactly what we did. We were able to visit 12 churches (or 14 I think), and I thought it was funny how my cousins got exhausted from all the "Church-hopping".

Tita: "Pray ulit kayo sa loob ha." (9th church)
Jai (cousin): "Eh nasabi ko na po lahat eh. Nauubusan nako ng prayers kay Jesus."

Jolo: "Another Church?!"

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I wouldnt have enjoyed the tiring day if my little cousins werent pulling my hair, pleading me to turn the tv on, or silently throwing up at the back of the van. The joys of being the big ate. :)

Good Friday came and my Mom suggested that we go to Lucban, Quezon. It was a loooooooong trip since we literally had to pass through a couple of mountains to get there, but since Ive been to the place we were heading to, I knew it was all worth it. There were hundreds of people there with us, and I think I lost a couple of pounds from going up the stations of the cross just to reach the top (I blogged about this earlier on last year) of this hill where Father Faller preaches/heals. But the feeling once you reach the big sculpture of Jesus at the top is amazing. Just amazing.

Saturday satisfied my craving for some serious beach-hogging. We went to Anilao, Batangas! Yay! I just deeply regret not having my camera with me then :( The beach wasnt as stunning like Bora's, but it was a pretty picture nonetheless. And oh my gahd, there were so many people. Batanguenos from all over flocked the shore in hopes of beating the summer heat. Of course, I was joined in the fun (but not until the sun hid behind the clouds). Hehe. I was in the water for around half an hour I think, but since I didnt put sunblock on, I still got a nice tan. Back to being morena. Lol.

Some interesting facts from my trip to Anilao:

***We saw Mr. Wowowee himself, Willie Revillame! He was on a jetski with two other guys trailing behind him. At first, only a few seemed to notice him. He passed by the array of resorts while waving to some people. At first I thought it was just some old dude na nagffeeling kasi nagyayabang sya na may jetski sya. Lol. But it was only after he made his second round that someone shouted from behind us, "Si Willie Revillame oh! Yung nasa jetski!"
I have to admit, I did feel my feet itching to run towards where everyone else was heading (iniwan pa ng mga helpers namin yung iniihaw nila para lang makita si Wowowee, haha!) but my better judgment (aka anti-jologs instincts) got the best of me so I stayed inside the cottage while the people there got starstruck. "Wowowee..sinong di mawiwili?!" *cmon, sing with me*

***We saw dolphins! I love dolphins!

***I saw someone's freakin' ass.
I know it was a beach. I know you were supposed to be in swimwear. Pero kung isa kang lumalanding miyembro ng federasyon na naka-T-back(?) na itim at nagfashion show sa buong beach habang may mga batang nagsswimming, eh hindi na tama yun! At hindi lang yun. There was a bunch of uh, gay people in one of the resorts near us too! And they were dancing like crazy in the water to the tune of "My Humps" My gahd. It was sooo disturbing I tell you. BUT it doesnt end there. This other group of 20somethings composed of girls, guys (cute ones at that), and yes, more gays, started cheering this one um, "amiga" on to wear his/her/whatever bikini bottom too! *my poor eyes!* I didnt even bother to look anymore. I just know he kept on modelling his thong right in front of everyone. *Gags* O:

*I wasnt able to go diving. :(

Anyway, despite all that, I had tons of fun in Anilao.
I LOVED the sunset. It was the most gorgeous thing ever since Eva Longoria. Haha.
(Since I didnt have my camera nor my phone with me then, allow me to post a picture of Anilao from the net)
Image hosting by Photobucket

Im not so beach-deprived anymore. But im definitely still craving for more. :D

Its almost 2AM now, and I am FINALLY sleepy.
I turned the PC coz my eyes hurt from staring at my phone.
To those who texted me by the way, sorry for not being able to reply. Namumulubi na naman ako sa credits. Lol.

Oh, and having 600 messages in your Inbox isnt healthy either.
More so re-reading some of them.
Brings back all the bittersweetness.
Haha.

Ill try to make my full-length entry later (thats if Im not too lazy).
Byee! :)

- n|x - was loved at 1:27 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]