Wednesday, June 15, 2005


Of weddings and wounds.
"Nikki..."

Alt + Tab!!

My heart pounds 10000 times faster but I still managed to utter, "Yes?"
A few requests and kwentos later, my Mom left my room.

*Whew*

That was a close call. I wouldn't want my ever-so-inquisitive mother to see me browsing through websites with (no, not those "barenaked" uh, beings but) those seemingly-perfect happy-looking women all dressed in white with a bouquet in their hands and a handsome gentleman by their backs.

For some reason, the whole "wedding" thing has been popping right in front of my face the whole day.

--------------------------------------------------

During recess, amidst all the Rice Dogg-eating and experiment paper-writing, a friend of mine suddenly stood up, tapped me as a sign that she's leaving, and rushed to the arms of his awaiting knight (also known as her soon-to-be boyfriend). My other friends and I then started talking about how she had been changed from the girl who never thought of "love" (the mushy, sweetie, ill-die-for-you kind) as an actual emotion that humans are capable of to someone who has already exchanged the dreaded "I Love Yous" with the guy who finally dealt with his katorpehan and won her over. Our barkada is actually subdivided into several categories: the cynics, the hopelessly romantics, and the been-there-done-that (or the taken ones). Through our discussion, which involved the boys of our past, present and the (gulp) near future, we pondered on the things that could and would actually happen a few years from now. We figured that the former cynics and boy-haters would be the ones to end up getting married right after college. We figured that the more choosy and conservative ones would end up dumping a minimum of a dozen guys before they even say "I Do." We figured that maybe, just maybe, fate would play its game on us and twist all our lovelives into intangible pang-telenovela stories.


---------------------------------------------------

Our class practically hates our adviser. She's like the ultimate queen of PMS-ing. I've never seen her smile. I've never heard her laugh. I even had this theory that maybe the reason behind her taray slash "i dont care about you" look was botox injections or something. I can't imagine how someone can be so hostile and uncaring. Even though she gave me a compliment ("Ang ganda naman ng handwriting mo." Lol), I still cant figure out why she seems to just dislike everything and everyone she faces.

Then, just as I was discreetly whispering, "What's her problem?" someone replies from behind:

"Baka di nakapagasawa"

-------------------------------------------------

Danielle: "What if someone exceedingly reliable tells you that youre going to die tomorrow, what will you do?"
Me: "Marry."

Wth. It just came out.

Me: "Haha. No, no. Um, I dont really know. I guess Id hug all the people I love and tell them how I feel. Mag-"I Love You" sa lahat ng taong mahal ko."

-----------------------------------------------

Busmates (singing):
"Tan-tan-tanan. Tan-tan-tanan..."
"Wait wait! Sinong pwedeng bride?"
"Um, si Ate Nikki na lang!"

-----------------------------------------------

My Mom handed me my cousin's wedding invitation. She and her boyfriend of 8 years are going to tie the knot on Saturday. I checked out their wedding's site, and got intrigued by the whole concept of the sacrament. Before I knew it, I was checking other sites for wedding gowns, bouqets, Churches, motifs, invitations and everything else.

Hey, a friend told me once that we daydream (er, if I remember right) 70% of the time were awake. I was just using up that percentage on something Id one day want to go through.

(I cant believe I just typed that. Omg.)

- n|x - was loved at 9:24 PM
[link to post] [3 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]