Sunday, February 11, 2007


on V-Day/funny pick-up lines
I woke up this morning only to set my eyes on the depressing and downright fugly-fying manifestation of several nights of burning the midnight oil (wow, I finally got to use that phrase).
GREAT. Just in time for the season of candy hearts, flowers and bears. :|

Isn't it just annoying how every TV or radio commercial reminds you of your (like what my English 11 prof would call it) "hellish singleness?" So maybe we choose to coin it "Single Awareness Day" just so we have an excuse to actually appreciate our freedom from commitment. It's not all that bad. In fact, it's not bad at all. Singles of the world shouldn't feel like aliens on the day when couples suddenly take over. The 14th need not be about candlelight dinners, helicopter rides, or long walks along the shore. Although I must admit that these would be spine-tingling for most bachelors and bachelorettes, sometimes, it isn't the material things or overwhelming extravagance that gets you - it's the memory of having someone to care for and someone care for you. It is, after all, about the one thing I am 1000% sure we all have: LOVE. *mushy song plays*

Feed your heart and find your own happyfiers this Valentines Day (like ice cream or your favorite song) just because you know you deserve to be happy - even if you're going solo. If you want something more fulfilling then make someone else happy, like your best friend or better yet, that cute crush of yours that you've long been dreaming of (aka stalking). From what Ive learned, receiving isn't half as good as giving. Anything coming from the heart of the special someones in your life is all it takes for you to put on a big bright smile on your face amidst cupid's flying arrows. Who knows, maybe that smile of yours will catch someone's eye, and you wont have to spend the next Valentines Day alone anymore? :)

And oh, for those who have happy bouncing hearts, the time has come for you to unleash that long withheld mushiness and celebrate romance as your love smiles on the inside and out. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

(Because I have an excuse to be post these favorite cheezy lines...:P)

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

- The Bible : 1 Corinthians 13:4 -
(Ah, I want this to be recited in my wedding - thats if Im ever going to have one- ala-A Walk to Remember. Haha!)

We all want to fall in love. Why?
Because that experience makes us feel completely alive,
where every sense is heightened,
and every emotion is magnified.
Our everyday reality is shattered
and we are flung into the heavens.
It may only last a moment, an hour, or an afternoon,
but that doesn't diminish its value,
because we are left with memories
that we treasure for the rest of our lives.

- From the movie "The Mirror Has Two Faces"

Oh, and here are some funny pick-up lines:

Your body's name must be Visa, because it's everywhere I want to be.
I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your bed rock.
Is your dad a terrorist? Coz youre da bomb!

Excuse me, dandruff ka ba? Coz i cant get you out of my head.
Im your derivative. im tangent to your curves! (HAHA)
Are you tired? 'Cause you've been running through my mind all day!

Did you fart, cause you blew me away. (LOL)
My Love for you is like diarrhea ... I can't hold it in!
Check the girls clothing tag then say --> "Thats what I thought...made in heaven"

Do you have a quarter? My mom told me to call her when I fell in love.
Hey, baby. I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by you again?(sound familiar, haha)

Are you a parking ticket, because you have FINE written all over you!
If you were a new hamburger at McDonald's, you would be McGorgeous!(isa pa! haha)
(Hand a girl a rose.) I just wanted to show my rose how beautiful you are.

Apart from being sexy, what else do you do?
Are you Moroccan? 'Cause you're ma-rockin' my world!
You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.

Hi, my name is Justin. Justin Credible.
I tattooed this bar code on my arm so you could check me out.
So sorry to bother you -- someone at this address called for the man of her dreams, but you look way hotter than the girl I was supposed to be delivered to.

God was showing off when he made you.
You Dropped something , "My jaw"
You must come with a fire extinguisher, right? (for Fire Drill! haha)

If I were Peter Pan, you'd be my happy thought. (awww..)
When were you born? I just want to know what day God worked the hardest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

- n|x - was loved at 7:36 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]