Sunday, June 26, 2005


Ouchies.
Quote of the Day
‘Everyday I can hear the rockets fly
Over the graves of too many who have died
Fighting for land, or some ancient holy shrine
I bet your blood runs red, just the same as mine, yeah

How many more of our children have to fall
Just how high do we have to build these walls
In fighting there's no dignity
It's such a waste of time
Take my hand, I don't think God will mind.’
-Love, by Great Big Sea
--------------------------------------
I have 3 new fresh wounds/scars.

I have one in my left wrist (not the suicidal kind of slashing), one on my right leg, and another on my left.

I dont know how the hell they got there. I have no idea where they came from. I had no intentions of causing myself minute pain. Im just weirded out by the fact that a cut just always seem to appear from nowhere. I dont notice them until I feel the throbbing after some time...

...all done unintentionally.

And being the potential diabetic that I am, these scars will take weeks, months, or even years (literally) to heal and finally disappear.

Its weird how the reality of life can be so close to simple skin abrasions and cuts.

Still the bittersweetest thing ever.
------------------------------------
(I promised myself to veer off from melodrama. Argh. But anyway...
Note: Copy-pasted material here. K? No assuming, please.)

Ms. Ai-Ai delas Alas (?) was right.

"Dont judge a book if you're not a judge."

It got me laughing for minutes the moment I heard that, but if you think about it, its something we can actually extract some truth from.

Ive been judged and criticized my whole life. Im not really used to being backstabbed or from hearing snide comments, coz if there's one thing on my list that I'd never erase, it's that to stay away from anything that can hurt other people. Di bale nang ako, wag lang sila. (drama noh?)

But there are times when the people you thought would stick with you, who'd believe in you, who'd trust you, who'd stand by you (you get the picture...), run off to the other side of the fence and leave you with a cruel, judging stare.

A stare that sometimes cuts right through you.
And all you can do is look away, not because of guilt or shame, but because of melancholy for thinking they'd be there for you, no matter what.

...turns out you were wrong.
--------------------------------------
Track pics! (from Kirk's multiply)

Um, we may not have exactly looked picture perfect then, but nonetheless, those few hours of jogging, sprinting, and throwing were a lot of fun! ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(before the practice/try-outs)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(see my bwother? the track baby! haha)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(mga gusto nang umuwi, hehe)
--------------------------------
Its my Dad's birthday today. He also had his other office blessed, so its like a double celebration.

It's always nice to have the whole clan come together for a special occasion. Even though our sheets got messed up, our PS2 and PC worked overtime, our air-conditioners were all on High, and our kitchen almost turned into a warzone, having the people with the same blood as yours never fails to make one feel loved.

And even though I printed "Happy Birthday" on short bond papers, I downloaded that rock version of the Happy Birthday song, I sanng with everyone else before we cut the cake...

I still havent actually greeted my Dad yet.

No hugs. No kisses. No ILoveYous. No nothing.

My Dad's a lawyer, and he makes an excellent PRO. He can talk to anyone. From the Big-Time City Mayor down to the simple gasoline boy.

But, in the 17 years of my life, I have no memory whatsoever of the two of us talking. Actually talking. An actual conversation. The type of conversation the Cohens have. One that is at par with Oprah's episodes. One that can pass as a scene for a telenovela.

Its weird how my relationship with my Dad works. But despite all the weirdness and unconventional behavior between us and my whole family, the Big Guy up there knows the real score.

Happy Birthday Daddy! =)

- n|x - was loved at 6:04 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]