Monday, August 21, 2006


drama-rama with mama
With the silence of the night came the hushed tones of raindrops trickling down the dormant van and the murmurs of my mother and I. After a draining day of mingling with people who have come to sympathize with our family, we decided to discreetly isolate ourselves and sinfully indulge in our favorite Sultana biscuits and drown in coffee (my newfound addiction). The supposedly short break turned into hours of atypical exposition. In my eighteen years of co-existence with her, never have I been able to bond with my mother the way I did that night - as she went on for hours sharing almost everything, from her most minute frustrations to her greatest lifetime prides. I was surprised by how I turned out to be the root of one of her colleagues' envy, the cause of her self-glorification, and the source of her inspiration. Little did she know that all that was part of who she was to me as well.

Who wouldve thought that I could tell her about my newest crush (whom she's actually met already)? That she could share her biggest fears with me? That she only had three boyfriends her entire life (despite her being wooed by tons of guys during her youth)? That I could confide my weaknesses to her? That we could share the same prayers? That we could both stay up until 6 o'clock in the morning and just share our life stories with one another?

Definitely, not me.

I felt silly hanging on to the driving wheel while laughing at her encounters with her immature-and-nearly-psychotic-boss, and her juvenile subordinates. But somehow, the silliness added to the comfort I felt with this woman with whom I havent shared my crush (or even a fraction of the story of my life with) in years. Though the sun was set to rise, we kept on with our confessions and our unending kwentos. Aside from her fondness of plants and mine of flowers, her dried mangoes and my chocnut, her simplicity and my complexity, her being absolute and my being indecisive...Ive fathomed how our differences actually fit like jigsaw pieces and how our similarities mirror one another. Its rather scary how I might really end up to be like my mother - in fact, I think Im already a prototype of who she was and is.
But Im not complaining.
Who doesnt want to be a great woman anyway? :)


Oh, and she understands why Ive been single since birth because she had similar reasons back during her days of being single.
Funny thing is, she actually wants me to have a boyfriend now.
So does the rest of my clan...
And my father showed no signs of violence or contention whatsoever. O:

*Full reaction to this absurdity shall be withheld to spare the author from further humiliation*

Wtf right? Asa pa! Hahahaha! :)
I really am getting more pathetic by the day, arent I?
Whoopee! Lol. :P

[ Will you still love me in the morning?
Forever and ever, babe...]

But Im in so deep
You know Im such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to let it linger
("Linger" - The Cranberries)

- n|x - was loved at 1:17 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]