Thursday, August 17, 2006


Saying goodbye
This week has caused me to laugh like there's no tomorrow, jump around my dorm room coz of kilig, walk along the polluted Katipunan highway, drink more than my usual intake of coffee, abuse whats left of my brain, cut all my classes to study for my math17 long exam, cry in Starbucks, cry for 2 hours more in my dorm, fall asleep while praying the rosary, hurt my neck from answering out-of-this-world math problems (damn functions), pig out with friends, indulge in unlimited ice cream...but most of all, amidst all the craziness of my juvenlie life, I have learned to appreciate every single person and thing in my life.

I only realized now how the extremes hit me in full blow just when I was most vulnerable. I have always appreciated my life in status quo but after the tiresome days and nights, Ive learned to tighten my grip on things I value the most - and to eventually let go.

As I look back on the things that Ive shared with my grandfather, I see a picture not far from the ordinary. Neither telenovela-worthy scenes nor unforgettable fancy snapshots fit my memories of this man who made my father who he is now. The only thing that remains vivid in my head, aside from his infectious laugh and big smile, is the strength he emanated and passed on to me. That, I will never forget.

3 days before he passed away, I was able to hold his hand for the very last time. I found the heart-wrenching sight of him unable to move on his bed much too unbearable, but I knew I had to take my chance. And through that one last touch, I was able to say goodbye.

Regrets have poured in, but I know that every single missed moment served its purpose. I now know that there is no sacrifice or hardship too great for me to give for Him and to anyone I love more than my life.

Ill be missing you, Lolo.
Till our next laugh together. :)

- n|x - was loved at 7:34 PM
[link to post] [2 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]