Monday, July 24, 2006


what do freshmen do? kick upper class ass!
I dont blame the bad weather for this terrible headache I am having. Nor do I mind having fellow Iskos and Iskas march around Commonwealth Avenue to condemn GMA's reign. Im just really thankful they decided to spare us a day of classes because Id have to say that I definitely deserve even a day of rest.

Last week drained me of all the energy and brain cells my body could give. Everyday practice that lasted for four days (Monday doesnt count since we didnt really got anything done anyway) just to cram a dance routine put the S on stressss for me. Although I loved the fact that I most probably lost as least 5 pounds in the last few weeks, having to sleep only a few hours after you actually have to wake up isnt something Id want to experience my entire college life.

But it was all damn worth it. :)
I now know why people have been telling me that Ill eventually learn to love my college more and more. <3

BACBACAN turned out to be a blast.
The upperclassmen and the council were showering us with compliments here and there for the many achievements our batch achieved on that fateful Saturday.

I thought having only 97 students in your whole batch (BA and BAA majors) to compete with the much more experienced upperclassmen was unfortunate enough, but having only 30+ people show up on the actual day of the sportsfest was a thought that made my confidence drop that morning. But when the upperclassmen all started cheering us on, I felt that being a freshie wasnt so bad after all.

According to my friend and our batch rep, Mara's email to our ygroup:

"We were the first freshman batch to:
1. Have batch shirts
2. Have batch jerseys
3. Have a decent cheering routine. From what I saw, we would
have totally creamed all of them had we been given more time. The
onfiltered=D. Our cheerdancers were
seen practicing outside CBA and were offered a gig, imagine that! So
for those who weren't able or too shy to cheerdance, I suggest you
sign up for next year's bacbacan before this school year ends, we
have a really good chance of being next year's champions =D.
4. Participate in ALL the events.
5. Have a good mr. and ms. Bacbacan routine. We had no idea
we had to have an actual skit, we just thought they meant we had to
entertain the audience for five minutes, but Nikki and Malco were
awesome anyway =D.
6. Put up a real fight. We made it to two of the
championship games, women's basketball AND mixed volleyball! =D

We still came in last but we were behind the terminals by
only THREE points! That's a big deal considering we're freshmen and
they've been around for almost five years! =D"

And yes, you read that right.
We were offered a gig! This couple came up to us while we were sweating our asses out, cramming our dance outside our college building, and asked if we would like to dance during the launch of their new credit card or something. I cant imagine someone's offering us to get paid just to dance our routine. We already exchanged numbers and I shall start the negotiation tomorrow. Bwahaha!

Because of this terrible headache I have now, and my ticking clock inside this internet cafe, Ill just let these pictures (eto pa) and videos do the narrating of the events. (That's Kat's multiply. Thanks Kat! :P)

My Saturday started at 3:30 am and ended at around 3am the next day too I think. Lol.
Just when I got back to my dorm at around 8pm, I texted Jana and I ended up riding with her to The Fort to go to Cel's debut! It was actually my first time to be in Jaipur (yeah, I know, loser) but boy, was I glad to see ol' Zobel people! Debuts end up being reunions for our batch, and that night was no exception for it was definitely worth remembering.

Sometimes, even just a dance could bring it all back.
If only you knew... <3


- n|x - was loved at 5:12 PM
[link to post] [1 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]