Friday, July 14, 2006


adventures of a giddy commuter
Ive always loved the rain, but when youre subjected to commuting (MRT + cab) all the way to Taft only to find out that the UAAP game youre supposed to be attending has been POSTPONED, the gloomy weather gets to you. I mean, imagine arguing with some mamang driver for charging you P10 more just because "traffic" daw, eh wala ngang sasakyan nun kasi bumabagyo! Is it even legal for them to charge more than what their meters indicate? Ngarr..

Good thing I was with my friend the whole time. I shared all my crazy kwentos from the time we were at the Quezon Ave station all the way to Taft. And thank god my mom's office (Central Bank) was only a walk away from the Ninoy Aquino Stadium (even DLSU I think - ergo, my thoughts of supposedly studying in La Salle instead. oh well). She treated us to slices of blueberry cheesecake and sansrival and moccha fraps. My friend and I looked so OP in the bank since we were only wearing flipflops. Inappropriately (?) dressed people were not allowed inside the building actually, but my Mom just used her "powers" for them to let us in. And the pride was oozing as I showed my ID to the guards. The plastic card screamed "University of the Philippines" and one of the guards even asked me, "Nag-bar ka na ba?" Hahaha!

The whole Thursday-ordeal ended with me getting back to my dormitory safely. That was truly a moment worthy of the Hallelujah chorus. My phone and wallet were still with me, and I wasnt hit by any flying branches or falling billboards. *Aaaahhmeeehhnn!*

***
Our college will be having a sort of inter-level intrams (aka BACBACan - BAC = business admin council) next Saturday in the DAR Sports Complex (wherever that is). As usual, I ended up joining the cheerdance group. But with only 1 week left and 2 8s of cheers done, I think were facing a default for the Freshies in that event. Bawi na lang next year. Lol.

We have our batch shirts/jerseys to be proud of anyway. (Yes, we have batch shirts - nice ones too!) Our college even has its own merchandise too (jackets, pins, stickers) and Im planning on getting one of the nice BA jackets as soon as I get my first year over with - I think that would make me worthy enough to wear one. Nyaha!

And get this, after all the events (Mr & Ms BACBACAN, basketball, volleyball, futsal & parlor games) there will be Enchanted Kingdom FIREWORKS at the end! How cool is that? Haha!

I love my college. Whenever Im there (which is right beside the Econ building - the other nice college in UP), I feel this Ateneo-La Salle vibe. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But I like it. Haha!

I just dont want to end up as part of the statistics of business administration & accountancy students who wind up dropping the "accountancy" part because they say almost half of each batch fails their accounting subjects come third year. *imminence of danger causes jaw to drop*

***
Anyone out there who's a member of/applying to AIESEC too? :)

***
UP vs Ateneo UAAP game rescheduled to Thursday.
Will be there to watch it live! >:)

***
My thoughts are everywhere! Sorry for the incoherence. Bwaha!
Gotta go back to CBA now. Freshie meeting. Byee! :)

- n|x - was loved at 4:07 PM
[link to post] [1 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]