Tuesday, August 29, 2006


kami nAPO
I want this album so bad(ly?)! :(

When I was younger, my Dad listened to a lot of APO songs (which were frankly more pleasing to the ears than his all-time favorite Rey Valera heartbreak melodies). They were probably like the Hale or Sarah Geronimo or Sam Milbys(for lack of a better analogy) of their generation. Though I doubt they had groupies or softdrink commercials during their time, Im pretty sure they surpassed the fame those other musicians gained for them to be made into legends of OPM.

I remember singing APO tunes in front of my Dad's employees during their Christmas party. I have fond memories of watching SangLinggoNAPOSila (?) every afternoon and giggling my way through the corny jokes during the "whats this? kabayong buntis! whats that? kabayong bundat! ano eto? hulaan nyo!" portion of the show. I can still recall that night I saw Mr. Buboy (I dong know how to spell his last name :\) in South Supermarket back in good 'ol Town Center. He had a bottle of wine with him. And being the little fanatic that I was back then, I think he was amused by how I was overtly staring at him. He smiled back at me with his wrinkly face as I thought, "Ay, ang liit pala nya in person." Our high school Oral Productions have made use of classical APO hits like "pumapatak na naman ang ulan sa bubong ng bahay..." with matching colorful umbrellas and tap-dance-filled choreography. Ive stalked Ala Paredes' blogsite, and eventually started visiting Jim Paredes' own homepage. He's now Pinoy Dream Academy's headmaster by the way. I have had no encounters whatsoever with Mr. Danny Javier, except maybe the fact that my Tito looks like him. But thats beside the point.

Just like Ultraelectromagnetic Jam, this album's a certified hit. How can we Filipinos not love these monumental songs that have been playing in our heads for decades now? :x

Marge told me about the album-launching in Eastwood this Thursday. I thought that I wouldnt be able to go coz my Philo exam was scheduled this Friday. But alas! My exam was moved to Tuesday! Yay! Someone come with me to Eastwood please! :D Haha!

Songlist:
1) Pupapatak Ang Ulan - Parokya Ni Edgar
2) Yakap Sa Dilim - Orange and Lemons
3) Doo Bidoo - Kamikazee
4) Awit ng Barkada - Itchyworms
5) Nakapagtataka - Sponge Cola
6) Ewan - Imago
7) Batang-bata Ka Pa - Sugarfree
8) Kumot At Unan - Boldstar
9) When I Met You - Barbie Almalbis
10) Bakit Ang Babae - Sandwich
11) Kabilugan Ng Buwan - Drip
12) Di Na Natuto - Sound
13) Anna - Top Suzara
14) Blue Jeans - Rocksteddy
15) Panalangin - Moonstar 88
16) Paano - Shamrock
17) Pag-Ibig - Kitchie Nadal
18) Bawat Bata - The Dawn

***
Ack. Wish I could write better entries.
When youre subjected to limited use of the internet and are stuck with DOTA-engrossed Ateneo boys in an internet shop, youre bound to write ineffectively.
Oh well.

No classes tomorrow. But I have to do the Hand-Ins for my internship task in AIESEC.
Im actually liking the whole idea of contacting big companies and asking for sponsorships. Having to actually wear a corporate attire to submit project proposals is something that I think Id want to keep on doing in the near future. My inclination to marketing is much more likeable than my present dilemmas such as freaky functions (that were so sinfully NOT taught in Zobel). *Sigh*

"Panalangin ko sa habang buhay
Makapiling ka
Makasama ka
Yan ang panalangin ko"

- n|x - was loved at 6:04 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]