Sunday, July 02, 2006


3 weeks down
Its pretty surreal how much freedom Im actually experiencing now.

Today seemed like an adventure I would have never gotten to experience if I were anywhere else. From eating lunch at Gateway, watching Superman Returns in Glorietta, heading all the way back to UP (Thanks Boink! :P), running back to my dorm (to get dressed in less than 5 minutes), and attending Fio's debut at the Fort - it wore me out good but I definitely wouldnt exchange it for a boring and nerdy day of advanced reading and algebra-solving.

It was so great to see people from Zobel again. Nothing beats the old people Ive come to grow up with way down south. Mingling with people who actually understand the language I speak without getting any weird stares or unlikely glances is definitely a relief. And having other UP students in the same event made it seem like a fusion of my past and present lives. Hah! It was also funny how our conversations were now made up of college kwentos and career plans. The whole night made me feel just so old and so young at the same time knowing that Ive already reached this far and yet still have a long way to go.

Poch: "Technically, yung mga bumabagsak nga sa Intarmed mga 3 to 5 lang eh..."
"Oh talaga?"
Poch: "Oo, kasi yun yung mga nagpapakamatay..." O:

It doesnt surprise me to hear that some people would opt to take their lives than have to bear with all the stress and pressures of college. Its scary and freaky, but not all that surprising. Id exchange my whole semester for a weekend in the beach if I could, but unfortunately, Id have to live up to the taxes our country pays for my tuition. Its only now that I realize how easy high school was. So for you guys who are still being told that high school would be the best years of your lives, believe it!

***
Sights like these are slowly starting to seem normal to me:
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First there was Gay Day (I was hoping not to spot anyone I know), and then there was that walk-out/walk-to-Katipunan last Friday because of the impending tuition fee increase (P1000/unit for the state university?).

Mental note: Must remember not to wear red on days when rallies are scheduled. Wouldnt want to get dragged by activists into bashing the government or proclaiming my sexuality.

***
It's UP-Diliman's Freshman Week next week!

Mon-Fri : Gallery
Tues: Scholarship Fair
Wed: Rookie Camp (block pic, paintball, henna, face paint, etc)
Thurs: Movie
Fri: Concert (with lots and lots of bands!)

Finally, vigor and action are to enter my college life! Haha!

- n|x - was loved at 2:26 AM
[link to post] [1 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]