Saturday, April 21, 2007


Changes

So we’ve finally moved in to our house in Laguna where there’s no cable, no phone line, and no internet YET. Our house is at the far side of the village where only 2 houses away, they have cable, landline, and Wifi. It’s not exactly as much of a probinsya as some people may think it is, since the area is well-developed with exclusive subdivisions sprouting here and there. Starbucks, Brothers Burger, Figaro, Café Breton, Paquito Mas, etc., are not exactly for the typical promdis, but the vast grass fields, the countless trees, the many creepy-crawlies, and the ceaseless gust of winds are. My parents were actually thinking of going back to Muntinlupa because everything was obviously more convenient there. Even though our old house is only 20 minutes away from where we live now, our setting and lifestyle has changed to a great extent. But if the decision were mine to make, I can sacrifice not having access to cyberspace or 100 channels in exchange for calming winds, mellow tweets, and placid mornings. Because once you’ve experienced having all that you’re capable of having, sometimes, you just find yourself enjoying the very basic things you once took for granted.

***

With only a week of summer classes over, I’ve already found myself constantly bored out of my wits. I never thought it would be nerve-wracking to actually not have anything to do. We’ve resorted to watching 300 twice in two days, spending long hours in coffee shops, indulging in magical donuts, eating junk food at Uday’s convenience store, and even having sisig and kropek with beer (me not included) just to entertain ourselves. And enjoyable and fun as they were, I still find myself yearning for some good old nerdiness. But now that I think of it, this has most probably been the busiest summer I’ve ever had so far. I may not have gone anywhere that resembles a beautiful sandy shoreline kissing sparkling blue water that stretches until the romantic orange horizon, but I sure have created my own horizons to reach.

***

Since the sun has been gloriously scorching our heads, why not match it with a mahogany-colored crown to help reflect those bad UV rays? Okay, so maybe that wasn’t exactly why I dyed my hair, but since it is summer after all, I thought that maybe changing my “look” would suggest my openness to experiencing new things (since technically, I am no longer a freshie). And besides, I think it’s cute. Haha.

***

I want an accessory. Even just for this summer. :P

PS - Friends, be careful. Dont go on drinking kalawang-filled Pepsis or stepping on glass shards anymore. Ingat ingat O:

- n|x - was loved at 6:39 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]