Saturday, March 24, 2007


Push Play

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I would be a hypocrite if I say that I have stopped with my annoying habit of expecting. To anticipate what’s going to happen next or just simply to want to know what’s going on is both a sin I am guilty of and a flaw that I am definitely not proud of. I find it ironic how I often form these crazy and hopeful ideas in my head, wishing for the clichéd movie-like scenes to play before me in reality, complete with a Pause button to prolong my fancied moment. But let’s face it, when Lady Luck refuses to show, you can only go as far as ending up with a big and lousy Stop, or even worse, an Eject.

I am afraid I cannot, for the life of me, stop demanding. It is from knowing what I deserve that this mere insistence thrives. I also know myself to be a person who hesitates. If ever I do dare to go beyond that hesitation, I’m still the kind who that takes a step one, without having a step two. Those rare moments come only at a time when I feel the need to spare myself from either further regret or futile heartbreak. But regardless of how I continually play it safe, it’s still because I know what I want and what I am worthy of.

After all is said and done, it all boils down to how and why they realize or fall short of my expectations. It may prove the lesser of the evils to not take it against the person at fault as it also bears out my own oversight of unfairly expecting more than I should have. But because I am the new me, I want to put action into these clairvoyant thoughts. My right to anticipate for more ends where someone else’s will and intent begins. Until I find that someone who will be brave and willing enough to break and even surpass my expectations, only then will I be able to push that green and shiny Play button and let the show, that is my life, go on.

***
TODAY:

- was officially my last day of school as a Freshman. Ever.
- was officially the last day of school for the graduating Seniors. EVER. :(
- I went to school to take 2 long exams and managed to come out alive.

Mara, Alexis, and I went to Bo's Coffee and spent hours talking just about everything we could think of. From tan lines, high school, dirty secrets, weight issues, getting wasted, getting stoned, getting married and of course, that certain boy (and all the other boys) - I loved every bit of it.

Ah, nothing beats the timeless happifying girl talk ;)


- n|x - was loved at 2:01 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]