Saturday, April 28, 2007


How to Properly Make a Wish
Our Art Stud 2 class has been like a series of kwentuhans, with topics ranging from men playing dama while pooping side by side in the olden times, to Eskimos eating whale flubber and burying their female infants. As much as my back and bottom hurt from sitting for two hours inside the airconditioned classroom, I always found myself leaning forward in attention, trying to digest the many little and big things I learn everyday from our professor.

The other day, we started talking about ghost stories in class to relate it to culture, and then Sir Valenciano began to share some of his own. He told us of the time he consulted a magician who supposedly had the power to see duwendes and other entities, talk to them, and even burn them to show them who’s boss. As the magician was trying to rid our professor of his negative vibes, he noticed how the magician was almost sleeping while trying to concentrate. The magician later on told him that this was the state he had to be in to effectively channel his energy and use his spiritual powers.

Most of the experiences with the supernatural that Sir Valenciano shared to us were completely beyond me. My left brain was restraining my right brain from thinking of the “ghosts” as anything more than what they actually were. My logic refused to digest any truth from the explanations offered by the magician and tried not to remember my own share of experiences with the weird and inexplicable. But at the end of our professor’s lecture that day, he finally shared something that I actually believed in.

He told us that if you wanted to make a wish, do it while lying on your bed before going to sleep. Put yourself in the state of rest and stillness – almost half-asleep just like how the magician was when he was trying to use his “powers.” Try to think about your desire over and over again, until you fall asleep. And in stating your intention, remember to wish it, and not will it. Instead of saying “I will make a million tomorrow!”, say “I wish I finally make money tomorrow.” Willing would be the same as forcing it to happen. Wishing will just be as good as wanting and hoping for it to happen.

Try it. It worked for my professor, even with all the twists and turns his wish had to take.
So far, it’s worked for me too.

Some people just end up dreaming about whatever it was that they thought about. But either way, at least they still lived that wish, even for just a night.

Just keep on wishing. Who knows, it might just come true for you. :)

- n|x - was loved at 8:17 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]