Tuesday, December 21, 2004


Simple Joys

Simple : meaning trouble-free, uncomplicated, undemanding, effortless, plain, minimal, unpretentious, regular
Joy: meaning delight, happiness, thrill, enjoyment, ecstasy, bliss, source of pleasure, wonder

Putting all these together, we get “Simple Joys”.
We all have them. You know, those things that make the muscles in your mouth work its way up to your cheekbones to form an arc we all call a “smile”. Those things that make you feel this tingly feeling inside also count. Simple joys may vary from the cheapest thing you own to the grandest act you’ve done. These are plain actions or things in life that fill your heart with ecstasy, and these things that we should never ever take for granted. Since it’s almost Christmas and all, I thought that maybe I could share with you some of my simple joys. I know some you will be able to relate with them so feel free to read on and see if the thought of these things make you smile as well.Ü

- Chocnut!
-
Receving a text from a friend
-
Catching your favorite show on tv
-
Tuesdays!
-
Having a good talk with someone I love (like my Mom)
-
Being tickled (hehe)
-
The smell of freshly baked pandesal
-
Taho in the morning!
-
Going online and seeing a lot of lighted smiley faces on YM (people who are online too)
-
Hearing a good song on the radio
-
Weighing myself and realizing that I lost weight (harhar)
-
A good hair day
-
Owning a really nice pen (simple enough)
-
Writing a good entry in my diary
-
Finishing a poem
-
Catching my favorite video on MTV
-
Seeing Brent Javier, Tom Welling, Marc Abaya, or Mark Herras on tv (nyahaha)
-
A smile from a friend (makes my day)
- Being praised
-
Hearing someone call me “Nix” or some other term of endearment (haha)
-
Waking up in the morning to see “5 new messages” on my phone (plus 4 missed calls) (you get the picture)
-
Passing by *someone’s* house
- Window shopping

-
Spotting a celebrity
-
Receving compliments
-
Cracking a good joke (and having people actually laugh at it)
-
Reading through my old diaries and laughing at what I had written
-
Being hugged
-
Being greeted by a friend
-
Staring at someone’s eyes for more than 3 seconds (hehe)
-
Having someone call you on the phone
-
Lollipops
-
Receiving a gift (whether they be chips or a brand new cellphone…they all count!)
-
Getting an email from an old friend
-
Laughing at my old pictures
-
Seeing my more recent pictures and realizing how much I’ve changed
-
Hanging out with friends
-
Having had a good talk with God Ü
-
Watching a good movie on TV
-
A text from a friend I haven’t heard from in a long time
-
Watching cartoons
-
Waking up with the sun shining brightly through my window
-
Dancing in my room like a broadway-star-wannabe
-
Seeing my crush stare at me (Lol)
-
Watching my friends perform anything (makes me so proud..)
-
Kilig moments
-
Seeing other people have their kilig moments
-
Getting bargains
-
A trip with the whole family
-
Pigging out
-
Early Mornings
-
Late nights
-
Cool weather
-
Suspension of classes!
-
Being inspired ;p
-
Hearing a good story from a friend
-
Receiving quotes
-
Receiving “Peace be with yous”
-
Taking a long refreshing bath
-
Reading a good book
-
Receiving a new friend request or message in Friendster (haha)
-
A text from someone who wishes you well
-
Smiley faces
-
Casual talks
-
Hearing the words “I love you” :o
-
Gentlemen
-
Roses!
-
Splurging in chocolates
-
Playing with my brothers
-
Having my youngest brother tease me
-
Being teased (haha)
-
Coming up with a good outfit
-
A text from *him*
-
Seeing someone change for the better because of me
-
Drinking ice cold water after a tiring day
-
Dancing!
-
Winning a competition (or just merely competing)
-
Getting good grades
-
Being appreciated
-
Having someone do something really sweet for me
-
Hearing someone play the guitar or piano
-
Pag kinukulit
-
Being able to draw something that actually looks like something (hehe)
-
Doodling
-
Being invited to go out
-
Being allowed to go out
-
Being allowed to go out and stay later than usual
-
Talking to my Dad in the car
-
A day without having to fight with my brother
-
Having someone say sorry to you and actually meaning it
-
Forvgiving/Reconciling with someone
- Making someone feel better
-
Giving advice that actually helped someone
-
Sharing kilig stories
-
Helping someone with his/her lovelife
-
Seeing two people get together/fall in love over time
-
Getting a high/perfect score in some test (especially in Philo or Physics)
-
Listening to my favorite songs
-
Getting something for free
-
Seeing someone post a comment on my blog (ahem)
-
Seeing *someone*
-
Laughing my ass off for hours
-
Acting all stupid and just simply having fun with friends
-
Coming up with a new idea
-
Having someone call or text you for the first time
-
Overcoming a fear
-
Having *someone* PM me as soon as I go online
- Getting more than what you asked for
-
Cute puppies!
-
Chatting with someone
-
Putting a smile on someone’s face
-
Hearing stories from a friend about a *someone* who did *something* for you
-
A simple greeting from *someone*
-
Receiving notes
-
Being thanked
-
Being loved

…and a whole lot more. :D

*What are your simple joys? Post a comment.Ü*


- n|x - was loved at 11:32 AM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]