Friday, May 20, 2005


Reincarnated
Im alive! :)
Ive isolated myself from the world for the past 2 weeks (well, it was more like, the world isolated itself from me).
It was nice to have spent time with someone I've lost touch with.
Myself.

I got to think, think, and think even more till my brain hurt.
And finally, all that thinking paid off, and like what Jo mentioned, I am now "gratis". (Did I use the word right? Lol.)

Free at last.
From all worries, fears, throbs, lies, pretentions and inhibitions.

People have been asking me, "What's been happening to you lately?"
It's like being asked, "Wazzup/Watsup/Wassap?"
I'd usually answer stuff like, "Nothin' much...The sky...or Wala lang" but recently, I think I've come up with the correct-est answer to that question.

The next time someone asks me again, I'd have to answer:
"Life. Life's been happening to me."

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
-------------------------------------------------

We were all kids at one point in our lives. And sometimes, our teenage/adult years just make us seem to want that carefree life back. Allow me to reminisce and look back at the young Nikki that was me...

When I was a kid...

-used to think Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy were the perfect pair
-Princess Sarah was my role model
-I knew the Sineskwela song by heart
-I used to fancy Aaron Carter
-The Macarena was the ultimate dance craze
-The Backstreet Boys were gods and the Spice Girls were goddesses
-I thought all clowns were gays
-Summer seemed a looooooot longer (I even forgot how to play the recorder during one summer vacation)
-I felt flushed whenever I see newly-weds kiss after the priest says You may now kiss the bride...
-I'd slap my mouth whenever I say something bad

-Our barkada was named Celinikkigelena (our names combined, lol)
-I used to dance in the rain...with my boy friends"
-I used to wear the same clothes that my brothers wore
-I used to be fond of Robee stickers
-I thought rainbows were magical
-I was amazed and proud when my Mom gave me my first ever cellphone, it was a Nokia Ringo
-I suddenly didnt know what to do whenever I received a letter/cake/card from a boy
-I spelt choir as quirre and misspelled a whole lot of other words
-I loved signing Scrapbooks
-my China cabinet used to look a whole lot taller
-I thought I had powers coz my finger doesnt burn whenever it passes through a lit candle's wick

-I badly wanted to wear high heels
-I got spooked by this low, freaky, hellish voice which played while I was listening to my Mariah Carey tape
-I anticipated THE Prom
-I wanted my mom's jewelries (and played with her makeup)
-I thought Bill Gates was one of the Beatles
-I listened to Alanis Morissette's songs and loved them even though I didnt really get the lyrics
-I loved Steps, the Backstreet Boys, The Corrs, Mariah Carey, All Saints, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera, and even A1 (lol)
-I thought you had to have a boyfriend at age 16 (which I have already disproved)
-I had a doll named "Jennifer" whom I treated as my baby
-I had this big gray toy dog whom I thought at first was a horse

-I crushed on high school boys and wanted to be like their cheerleading-girlfriends
-I feared Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Trigonometry, and Philosophy (got through them all, woohoo)
-I played the piano (almost) 24/7
-I once said, "Okay, you can email me at http://www.nikki.com/...."
-I couldnt walk through the back of our house at night coz I was too scared of the dark (& i was too scared to even turn the lights on)
-I didnt smile whenever pictures were taken
-My hair was still super straight, soft, and shiny
-I thought the giant screens inside the cinemas were larger than life
-I used to climb trees with my girl cousins

-I had a best friend named Carlo (who lived 2 houses away from us)
-I adored Barbies and Polly Pockets….and water guns and remote-controlled cars
-I used to cook leaves and twigs
-I "murdered" a fly with someone as my witness
-I was "Princess of May" and "Reyna....something" during a couple of Santacruzans (oh yes, lol)
-I had a crush on a couple of cousins
-I was paired with our neighbor, Ryan, who lived right across our house (he was 3/4 years older than me)
-I thought jelly beans were a delicacy
-I felt naked without my earrings (until now actually)
-I thought air conditioners would produce snow if you keep them on long enough

-I dreamed of becoming a princess and living in a castle
-I used to exchange stickers and stationeries with my friends
-I accidentally drowned my 3rd cellphone while trying to walk on rocks by this river at my cousins backyard (it took us 45 minutes to get to the pool-like part of the river but we only swam for like 10 minutes coz it started to rain, and we even had the climb/descent was really hard coz the paths were really steep)
-I played with Jackstones and Chinese Garter
-My piece whenever my parents would ask me to sing in front of their employees was "Tomorrow" (The sun will come out...tomorrow...)
-I was a Pusoy Dos champ
-I asked my Mom, "Mommy, when are we buying that condom?" (condo supposedly)
-My Dad bought us taho (almost) everyday

-I used to find Carlo Aquino, Danilo Barrios, Ben Adams, and even Michael Jackson...cute (back when he still looked human)
-A boy accidentally caused me to fall on my knees while we were racing back to the school bus (the scar of that wound never disappeared, literally)
-I was obsessed with Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, and Are You Afraid Of The Dark books
-I loved the Power Rangers, Rupert, The Ninja Turtles, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Arthur, the talking trains and trucks (I forgot what they’re called), the Wonderful World of Richard Scary, B1 and B2, X-Men, the Berenstein Bears, Pooh, Piglet, Betty Boop, and my childhood muse, Hello Kitty...

to be continued...

-be-you-tiful as ever-
"Expect a lot of miracles in life..."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

- n|x - was loved at 9:33 AM
[link to post] [2 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]