Monday, June 27, 2005


Chocnut.
Im in love...yet again.

inAs I was perfecting the art of staring into space, my deep conversation with myself was interrupted by (what seemed like) heavenly music. It was playing on the radio (on 93.1 I think), and a millisecond of emotion-detaining after, I lunge forward and instantaneously went straight for the component's volume knob-thingy.

"Brighter Than Sunshine"

I never understood before
I never knew what love was for
My heart was broke, my head was sore
What a feeling

Tied up in ancient history
I didnt believe in destiny
I look up you're standing next to me
What a feeling

What a feeling in my soul
Love burns brighter than sunshine
Brighter than sunshine
Let the rain fall, i don't care
I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
Suddenly you're mine
And it's brighter than sunshine

I never saw it happening
I'd given up and given in
I just couldn't take the hurt again
What a feeling

I didn't have the strength to fight
Suddenly you seemed so right
Me and you
What a feeling


Love will remain a mystery
But give me your hand and you will see
Your heart is keeping time with me

What a feeling in my soul
Love burns brighter than sunshine
It's brighter than sunshine
Let the rain fall, I don't care
I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
Suddenly you're mine

I got a feeling in my soul ...


I've heard this song a couple times before already. In fact, a few weeks/months back, I made it part of my list of songs-to-be-played-on-my-wake the first time I saw the video.

Matt Hales, the guy who composed the song, explained it this way: someone’s fallen in love, and they’re taken unaware by it, that they don’t expect it, that they weren’t looking for it; but suddenly it’s happened, and it’s amazing and they can’t believe it...

Haay. I love it. =D

---------------------------------------

Imagine this:
Youre sitting on the passenger seat, with your car window open. You position your legs in a way where your circulation will be cut off just because you enjoy the tingling feeling of the blood being stifled. You look out the window as your car passes by the vast horizon of fields and trees, of cars and cement, of smog and sea breeze. You catch a bunch of men, in tattered clothing, staring at you while snickering because of only-God-knows-what. Your driver turns the radio on, and before you can even protest, he pushes the button that goes "Ting! Ting!" until it reaches the frequency of that radio station you once loathed. You go back to staring at the perfectly-polluted highway and your mind starts drifting into the more serious things in life. You feel your heart tighten, and tighten, and tighten even more, until you end up feeling nauseated because of the "minor heart attack" you just went through. You feel stupid as your eyes start to swell and a tear finally reaches its landing point, that is your blouse. You sniff, pretending you still had a cold, and think "I cant freaking cry here!" as Rivermaya's song continues to play in the background. Inside your head, the words "stupid, regret, disbelief, cardinal, mud, freak, trust, friends, gluons, Maslow, pills, chapel..." jumble round and round, as if they were numbers inside that Lotto-drawer-thing. They made you want to wish that you hit the jackpot, but alas, you are snapped back to reality by that deafening horn of the Elf truck that your car was following. You are so annoyed. Annoyed by the horn, the smog, your messed-up hair, the driver's taste of music, the snickering of the men, the unlawful distribution of wealth in the world, the homework your CL teacher gave you, the betrayal, the feeler friend, the bulge in your stomach, the corrupt politicians, the quizzes tomorrow...and the list goes on.

But then, just when you were about to jump off the car that was running at 70 mph and amidst all the traffic and negativity that has slapped you in the face, a small little girl standing by the sidewalk catches your eye. The traffic light turns red, and you find yourself a meter away from the girl, wearing slippers with her school uniform and holding a shabby backpack. You stare at her for a few seconds, and what happens next stuns you. Her fragile face starts painting a masterpiece. She smiles. And says, "Hi Ate!"
And you smile back.

As the light finally turned green, you see a younger boy (probably the girl's brother) rush to her side. He laughs a laugh that youve never heard before, and shouts "Hi Miss Ganda!"

You then feel all the bitterness and irritation start slipping away. The jumbled words in your head managed to find their way back to the left (or is it right?) side of the brain. Your heart feels a sudden jolt and you feel as if you were revived from the dead.

That was all those strangers offered, and it seemed to have made you live again.
Not just because of that simple compliment that little boy gave you.
Not just because of the green light.
Not just because of those few moments when you stared into another being's soul.

A smile.
That was all it took.

Wala lang. Imagine nyo lang. =)

--------------------------------

Jow's coming tomorrow! Woohoo! Can't wait!
Something to finally smile about! Hehe.

See ya Jow! :D

---------------------------------

Oh my goodness.
President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo admitted that it was, in fact, her voice that was recorded in the Gloriagates tape. =O
What is happening to our country?

Lord help us.

Oh, btw. Anyone who has that "Hello Garci" ringtone? Send me one! Lol.

-------------------------------

Im off to study for our Math and Science quizzes tomorrow.
I also have to start on my CL essay again. (Tinanong pa kasi ni Kryon at Hugh kung gaano dapat kahaba. Dapat daw back-to-back pa ng 1 whole. Patalo. Haha.)

Oh, and sorry if Ive been anything but conscious about my Subject-Verb Agreements and Prounoun-Antecedent, uh, Agreements. (Lagot ako kay Ms Castanos, Lol.) I really dont re-read or edit whatever I type here. I just let my fingers type away, so whatever you see here is just a product of my, well, temporary madness. Okie? =D

[-i will love you till they take my heart away-] (I love this song too!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

- n|x - was loved at 6:18 PM
[link to post] [2 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]