Saturday, October 01, 2005


The Greatest Story Ever Told
Its number 20something in my list of things to do before I die.
Its been my HD ever since I first realized I could write lines of my own and decently play the piano.
Ive been dying of envy of Alicia Keys', Alanis Morissette's, Kitchie Nadal's, Rico Blanco's, etc. undeniable talents.
And now would have to be the closest I can get to fulfilling that flight of fancy.

[-edit-]

GSET.
Nothing could ever beat the feeling of knowing that you have, in one weird way or another, influenced someone else's life.
Whether it be with the intensity of changing one's life's philosophy, or just merely trigerring a whole batch's LSS, one could feel the rush of fulfillment.

It was, after all, a search for a Lasallian inspirational song.
Together with Toby Concepcion (the man himself), and the rest of Senior G (love these guys), we offered our whole batch and the school something worth listening to.
And indeed, it was inspirational...

to me.

Seeing and hearing almost everyone in our batch singing and clapping their hands altogether made me realize how much Im going to miss once I leave Zobel.

Haay.

Even so, Im definitely glad that I made that decision to stay in my Alma Mater four years ago.
Having discovered great friendships and having shared outrageous memories with my batchmates was definitely worth it.
Having made a couple of my childish fantasies real during the course of my crazy high school life made me grasp the reality of incarnating a dream.

I love my batch now more than ever.
And with my class' upcoming retreat, Im dead sure I'll fall for those guys even more.

We've only got a few months to go before we finally bid our school goodbye.
Watch out world...
Coz we are definitely going to be the makers of the greatest story ever told. =)

--------------------------------------

Awfully True...
I was searching the net for Jose Rizal's biography (for my brother's homework), when I accidentally stumbled upon this poem.
If you know me well enough, you'd be certain that I forget things that I read, hear, or say just like Dory.
But apparently, I remember, I remember reading this text back when I was still in grade school.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

It meant nothing to me then...



After a while you learn
the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn
that love doesn't mean possession
and company doesn't mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises
and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up
and your eyes ahead
with the grace of an adult
not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build your roads today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have ways of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns
if you get too much
so you plant your own garden
and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
that you really are strong
and you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn...
Veronica A. Shoffstall
...but I can feel every word of it now.
--------------------------------------
Minsan, nagugulat na lang tayo sa mga katotohanan na ni minsa'y di natin naisip.
Minsan, sa mga taong di pa natin inaasahan ito maririnig.
Minsan, nakakatuwang isipin na tinuturuan tayo ng buhay ng di natin nalalaman.
Minsan, nakapag-papalagay ng loob ang malamang may karamay ka at di ka nag-iisa.
Minsan, kahit gaano mo gustong linlangin ang iyong sarili, sasampalin ka pa rin ng katotohanang matagal mo nang tinatakbuhan.
Minsan, masarap mabuhay.
Minsan, hinde.
Minsan, galit ka sa mundo.
Minsan, buong mundo ang galit sayo.
Ngunit wag na wag mong kalilimutan,
na ni minsan...
di ka nya nilinlang.
Ni minsan...
di ka nawala sa isip nya.
Ni minsan...
di ka nya nalimutan
Ni minsan...
di ka nya tinigilang mahalin.
Ni minsan ba'y nagpasalamat ka?

- n|x - was loved at 10:53 PM
[link to post] [1 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]