Saturday, May 13, 2006


on the 12th of May
My day started at around 8 am when my Mom woke me up. I wasnt surprised to see it pouring outside, but this time, I wasnt too happy about it.

After packing my things for Bea's debut later that night, I prepared my umbrella for some serious rain-protection. I took a jeep from our village to Festi to meet up with Chrissie by the "underground walkway" which leads to the other side of uh, this other mall near the Alabang market. We then had to walk to Metropolis with the rain starting to pour harder. After that, we boarded this bus all the way to the Magallanes MRT station. The traffic was heavy that morning, but we didnt mind. It was good to be under the airconditioned bus's leak-free roof and at least we got to be the only ones making noise inside it ( mga taga-Zobel nga naman, haha).

Our poor feet were only wearing flip flops, so as soon as we got off the bus, they got wet again. :/We walked to the MRT station and got tickets to Quezon Avenue. It was my first time to ride the MRT and I have to say that I was surprised by how neat it is. And its a good thing they decided to separate the ladies and children from the old, smelly, green-eyed men. Lol.

After getting off at Quezon Avenue, we just had to ride a jeepney that went straight to the UP campus. Yay! We arrived in the Economics building just in time for the registration. We saw Tim as we were lining up to get inside and he was spotted by this modelling agent and gave him his card. Eow! haha

The Orientation wasnt that bad. Sobrang kulit nung hosts, but I still enjoyed their antics anyway. They introduced all the offices the freshmen needed to take note of and we were all welcomed as the Iskolars ng Bayan. Im gonna have to get used to being called an Iska from now on.

I still dont know what "Pasok sa banga!" means. "Yes!" ba yun talaga? Haha.

The intermission numbers were entertaining too. We were the only batch who got to watch the UP Street Dance Club (the Skechers dance compe champs). Were not advised to join orgs on our first year, but if ever do join anything, it would have to involve dancing. But like Tim said, the Ice Cream org sounds promising too. :P~

After the open forum, the UP Pep Squad came in to teach us the cheers. It was weird to have to chant them since Ive been so used to the Animos and HailHailHails, but as soon as the drums started beating, I instantly felt the UP spirit. Tim, Fio, Chrissie and I all decided to leave early to eat at the SC (note: Shopping Center) but the UP Go go go, UP fight fight fight, UP go, UP fight, UP win the fight! cheer was stuck in my head the whole time. O: Haha!

Chri and I then said goodbye to them and went to ride a jeep again to the MRT station. This time, we bought tickets to Ayala Avenue since its easier to catch a bus to Alabang there. After getting on the bus headed for Metropolis, we got stuck in heavy traffic. O: My parents were already waiting for me in ATC since they had my things for Bea's debut, so I just prayed for the traffic to move a little faster so as to not cause any more hassle.

After getting off in Alabang, the rain started to pour really hard. Kahit na may payong kami, basang basa pa rin kami pagkasakay namin ng jeep. O: After getting off at ATC, I said goodbye to Chrissie since she had to take a trike to their house there. It was fun to have had an adventure like that with her, and Im sure weve got more to come. :)

It was embarassing though to walk through ATC with wet pants. My pants turned a darker blue since it got drenched in the rain. Sortof. :\ I then finally met up with my parents near Starbucks and saw Justin waiting there. After a few minutes, Raffy and Anjo arrived and before I knew it, we were on our way to Makati.

We were already late but the heavy traffic made us even more late. Add to that the fact that none of us had a map to Bea's venue with us, so we got lost and went around Makati without knowing where to go exactly. We kept on asking directions from guards and traffic enforcers, but some didnt even help one bit. After finally finding Forbes Park (its For-bes according to the guards, lol), we finally finally finally arrived at the Tesoro's residence just in time for the yummy food. :D

Bea's debut was fun. She looked so pretty in her glamorized Yuna costume. I even saw Marc Anthony Fernandez and Rustom Padilla? Lol. Our dance came in last and even though the routine seemed really short and the lights were blinding us, we all still had fun.

Happy Birthday Bea!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

more pics at my multiply: http://supergurlnix.multiply.com

I rode with Nomer and Justin and convoyed till we reached Alabang. My Dad picked me up at Mt. McDo and surprisingly, we got to talk while we were in the car. Even though I knew he was tired already from all the things he did that day (he has his oath-taking in the Supreme Court that morning with other lawyers which was the reason why I had to commute going to UP), he was still eager to pick me up himself last night. :) And my Mom texted me the whole day too - asking how I was, if I had already eaten, etc etc. Nothing beats the good ol' loving-mother-nagging. Haha! :)

Got home at exactly 12midnight and...that was pretty much how my 12th of May went. :) Whew!

*Announcement to my dear barkada:
Market! Market! tayo next week! Shoooppping! :)

- n|x - was loved at 2:09 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]