Friday, May 19, 2006


way overdue rush of mush
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting <-- ME TOO! :( The cartoons during "our days" were way better. I miss Rupert, Princess Sarah, the Berenstein Bears, B1 & B2, Hello Kitty, The Magic School Bus, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, The Power Rangers, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc. *Sigh* Those were the days :P

***
Lets face it;
weve changed.
Weve all changed.
Somewhere between school ending, and school starting and here,
weve all gone in our own directions.
Hearts have been broken;
friendships diminished,
new loves started & new people came into our lives;
we no longer spend all of our time together in our circle of friends
& we no longer talk for hours about nothing at all.
Weve changed.
Some for the better & some for the worse.

***
Somehow, the past few nights Ive been enjoying as a nocturnal descendant of after-dark chatters have gotten me into the mood of savoring my last few weeks as a child. Nearly half of my batch will be diving into their own muchfeared and eagerlyanticipated college lives come Monday, and I cant help but think that this must really be it. Not only is everyone turning into full-pledged adults who are susceptible to getting into jail, or even worse, marriage, but also the familiar faces Ive grown up with are apparently children no more.

Snapshots of my classmates' wide ridiculous smiles always get me, especially when the memory that comes with that stolen image of time comes rolling in. The littlest things like Bonnie Bailey's hit that practically drugged us during batch parties, whimsical hirits and expressions like goodvibes! saUlos! and eows!, the undying noise that comes with Zobel students wherever we go, the love-hate relationships we have with amazing people we'll never forget (like Mama Ludz and Sir Flu) - they were all just part of the best days of my 18-year life. And in a way that not even I understand, my knees just wobble at the thought of actually finally saying goodbye to all that, and facing things so unknown and unfamiliar to me.

I may have just been lagging this whole time for not fully appreciating the fun of it all, but I am so glad that I witnessed and had the best of times with people who were meant to overwhelm me with their presence.

I know getting all sentimental about these things is waaaay overdue. But hey, weve got the first day of the rest of our lives heading our way, so there's still plenty of time for us to look back and conquer the world at the same time.

Whether we be squashed like bugs as Freshies or be looked up to as Zobel alumni, Im sure that the Star Batch are still gonna be the makers of the greatest story ever told. :)

***
Maybe some things were really meant to never be the same again. But maybe, if you did something about it, it wouldnt have to be that way.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting



- n|x - was loved at 9:55 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]