Wednesday, June 29, 2005


Stupendously crazy all over again.

"Ive learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Stupendously crazy all over again.

Its amazing how after all these months/years of being physically apart, we still managed to laugh our heads off at our inside jokes, our gossipping, our (their actually) amusing kilig kwentos, and most of all, ourselves.

Our interesting blather consisted of a number of bingi moments (just like the old days, but the drums and the loud plummeting of raindrops made our conditions even worse) and the atypical omg-you-have-a-boyfriend?! scenarios.

Made me wish all eleven of us were together again. And by together, I mean the very sense of the word.

Its funny how all the misplaced links in our friendships and disoriented connections with one another seem to make up an essential part of who we are as a barkada. Its virtuosos like us who manage to keep up with all the tittle-tattles and the pesky stereotypical stares-slash-perceptions. Its pretty odd how after all these years of being classmates, those recess and lunch breaks, those stressful groupworks and projects, those gimiks and bonding moments, and those heartbreaks and times of exhiliration, we still occasionally get discreet awkward instances, look all flushed when we get embarassed, snort and choke at those barkada-bra-and-panty conversations, and cry and laugh our young, innocent hearts out. Its also touching how these Homo sapiens sapiens with whom I have shared tons of Oops moments with still stand up for me, believe me, trust me, and safeguard me, no matter what. And its just as moving to witness a group of girls (and a couple of guys) shriek and scream at the sight of a badly-missed friend.

There's a lot more to it, a whole lot more. But words displayed on a computer monitor in vivid mode isnt at all enough to grasp the totality of our "cool and tigas" amity.

Its extraordinary. Its funny. Its superb. Its weird. Sometimes thwarting and tricky.

But above all, its friendship...something I'll carry with me to my grave. =)

From the bottom of my now-revived heart, thank you guys! ;)
(We havent exactly decided on what to call our barkada yet, so for now, "guys" should do it)

--------------------------------------

Ive been meaning to write about my Oops moments for the past few weeks, but because of the regular scheduling of quizzes and homeworks and other senior-year-induced activities, I have always ended up snoozing off to dreamland before I could even start reliving my stupidity.

But alas, all that foolhardiness has taken its toll on me. So to give off some of my good vibes, let me blab about some of it. =)

Strike 1: The oh-no mix-up.

Strike 2: Get this: I was the prayer leader for a day last week. That calendar day started as it had been for the past 2 weeks(?). Our class ended up facing a taray-look from our misunderstood adviser (yet again) and after the inconsequential morning ceremony, we all entered our classroom and I, being the monitor for the day, headed for the teacher's table to grab hold of the small piece of paper with the morning prayer in it. Its SOP to read what's written, so that's exactly what I did (with feelings pa, mind you).

Here comes the good part:

After the "Live Jesus in our hearts...forever. In the name of the father, of the son, and of the holy spirit. Amen" I heard Ms. Natividad utter "Okay class, remain standing" AND THEN I, on the other hand, absent-mindedly started SINGING.

"Bayaaang Magiliiiw...Handa..."

My thoughts during that moment: OMFG = oh mai freakin' gulay! what am I doing!?!?!

"...ay, sorry"

and then I flash this -> =D and walk back to my seat while laughing with my whole class. (take note: WITH them, haha)

The teasing of Kryon and Retsel and all the other people didnt help one bit, but nonetheless, I actually had fun laughing at myself.

Ms Natividad: "Nakakatawa ba? What are you laughing at? "

My thoughts: "At myself miss. And yes, it was hilariously funny."

bwahaha. I lurve it. ;)

Strike 3: I was on the verge of literally falling off my queen-sized bed. At 1:00 in the morning. With no one else in my room. And it was raining. (It was rather freaky actually)

Strike 4: You know that computer chair, with wheels at the bottom? The one you can adjust so it goes up and down like that? (obviously, I suck at describing things) Basta the kind of computer chair that Jan and Pao used to roam the computer room with. Ayun.

Well, I fell off from this computer chair Im sitting on right now for like, 5 times already. All within a span of 1 week. As in, I rest my head on my bed while my bottom’s still on the unstable chair. Before I know it, I’d be off balance and fall flat on my ass. Haha. Kanina nahulog ulit ako, tumama pa ulo ko sa cabinet. Imagine nyo na lang itsura ko Lol.

Strike 5: I almost stepped on a dirty cockroach in one of the stalls in the boys’ shower room by the swimming pool (good thing I had slippers on)

Strike 6: . . . and I forgot to bring my deo that day.

I cant remember the other things that happened to me though (whats new), but Im sure theres a lot more to come. =)

----------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
- E. E. Cummings

- n|x - was loved at 9:39 PM
[link to post] [0 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]