Tuesday, October 25, 2005


A Tribute to Guys
Today my left shoe got soaked by rainwater that dwelled in a puddle for a good five minutes. The gentleman who was driving that L300 drove right past me and Danielle, unknowingly and annoyingly headed straight for that puddle and my skirt and socks ended up getting a nice cold shower.

Grrr. What a way to end my day.

-------------------------------------

Sir Flu showed the powerpoint presentation about abortion that I worked on last Sunday till 3 oclock in the morning to the other sections. He even said itll be part of the exhibit downstairs or something.

Wheeee. Fulfillment. :P

-------------------------------------

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was knocked on the head again by a realization so classic that I failed to recognize it before it even hit me (again).

Guys are twisted.
But they get even weirder when they are in love.

Kids and adolescents have a lot in common, you know.
If you think that loud boy from 1st grade was crazy enough to give you a heartshaped cake out of the blue, then maybe youd be surprised to find those 1000+ text messages your high school sweetheart keeps in his inbox - from the very first smiley face down to the last "Gnyt!"
If you found it silly for that boy to share his fear of spiders with you, then maybe you wont find it too unusual to learn that your guy is afraid of his own anxieties and grief, heartbreaks and emptiness, insecurities and loss.
If he had saved you from being late for class time and time again, then maybe now you cant thank him enough for always arriving in the nick of time - just as you begin to cry over the missed busride.
If you shared a friendship that date back to your preschool days which grew from smiles and noddings round the corridors, then maybe now you share a special bond - regardless of how much you pinch and punch each other, there still lingers the meaning that only you two know.
If you let that boy come into your life so casually, walk in and make himself at home, then maybe now you cant imagine how it would be if your guy werent there.

These boys probably never even realize that despite all your nasty bickering, jawbreaking laughs, nauseating tantrums, occasional TORPS-attacks, and endless weirdness, we girls appreciate how you make us feel necessary to someone, and loved.

This love shouldnt make anyone feel squeamish, with the thought of mush and cheeziness running through ones head. This appreciation doesnt only give reasons for that kind of love - for it accounts for so much more.

The male species will forever remain vague and blurry to us girls, true.
But humanity probably wouldnt have survived for this long if not for the silly and at the same time, amazing things that you guys do.

So if you feel yourself a failure at courting that girl of your dreams, inadequate by the worlds standards for not having that macho body, stupid for havng let that one great opportunity pass - then it would be our turn to look you in the eye, lure you back to life, and set to untangling the mess youve gotten yourself into. =)

-------------------------------

Okay, that wasnt exactly a cohesive entry, but I just had to write something.
It was triggered by my concern for a guy friend who shared his girl-problem with me.=O

I still find it weird how guys come to me for advice though. Its as if I serve as their loveline (what a way to say it) whenever they end up panicking frantically after something happens with "her". And its even weirder how they say that my advice actually works.

Weytaminit.
What am i supposed to know about those things in the first place? Haha.=P

-------------------------------

Note: I was looking for an image that would suit this entry, and I found this.
Dont get me wrong. I dont find guys stupid (all the time). Haha. DEEH. :P
I sound so sexist. Lol.
So anyway, just for a laugh, here it is:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

- n|x - was loved at 6:24 PM
[link to post] [3 smiles for me :)]
~I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages of your diary.~


[ Photos ] [ Anthology ] [ Tagboard ] [ Links ]